This is a job posting from company – Element Materials Technology
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: California, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Element has an opportunity for a Microbiology Technician II at our Concord, CA location.
- Performs testing such as microbial load estimation by different methods, MIC, MBC, disinfectant studies, antimicrobial assays, bacteria and mold identification, growth promotion, TOC, endotoxin test, sterility testing, bioburden, cell bank release testing, and collects air, surface and water samples onsite as needed
- Follows SOPS and protocols as needed
- Provides lab support such as login in supplies
- Complies with cGMP and company policies as required
- Provides in-put and suggestions as part of the company continuous improvement process
- Prepare SOPs or protocols as needed
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of an AS Degree in microbiology or related field of study is desired. The position level will depend on the years of experience
The Lab Tech I requires 0-1 year of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience or experience in a microbial controlled environment, Lab Tech II 2-3 years of experience and Lab Tech III 4-5 years’ experience * This position requires knowledge and hands-on experience in a microbiology lab and on several of the tests indicated above
- Experience in a GMP microbiology lab is highly desirable
- Ability to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to count colonies with normal lab equipment, stand for long period of times and discern color
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 7,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: age, disability, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, race, religion, responsibility of dependents, sexual orientation, or gender identity or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.