This is a job posting from company – Therapeutic Home Healthcare
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: California, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
TITLE OF POSITION: MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Nursing RISK OF EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS – HIGH
DUTIES OF POSITION
Provides medical social services to clients in their homes in accordance with physician orders and under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing or another appropriate supervisor
1. Assists in the admission process of the client to the Agency by performing an initial evaluation, assessing the client’s psychosocial status and evaluating the client, family and home to identify socioeconomic and emotional factors that will affect the plan of treatment
2. Assists in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary client care plan as it pertains to medical social work
3. Observes, records and reports changes in the client’s emotional and social factors that effect the client’s illness and his/her need for care and his/her response to treatment
4. Consults with the attending physician concerning alteration of the plan of treatment
5. Maintains and submits written clinical records as deemed by the Agency, including the initial evaluation, the care plan and daily notes
6. Evaluates the clients and family’s response to, and effectiveness of, the medical social work intervention
7. Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the Director of Nursing to facilitate coordination of other staff visits
8. Participates in Agency activities and committees when appropriate to include staff development activities and inservice education
9. Supervises the social work assistant once monthly
10. Participates in discharge planning
12. Assumes responsibility for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her Medical Social Worker practice through formal education, attendance at workshops and conferences, active participation in professional and related organizational meetings, and individual research and reading
Provides Skilled Medical Social Work Services
1. Assesses the client’s potential to cope with his/her social and health problems
2. Acts as consultant to the members of the health team, assists them in understanding the social, emotional and environmental factors related to the client’s health problems
3. Helps clients to utilize the resources of their families and the community
4. Provides rehabilitative and supportive casework
5. Assists clients and their families in coping with personal and environmental difficulties which might predispose them toward illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits
from medical care
56 Copyright 2006© 21st CHCC
1. The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing is required.
2 The ability to access clients’ homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
3. Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client’s condition and to perform client care.
4.. Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing and minimal to maximum lifting of clients and the turning of clients.
Utilization of CRT, calculator, multi-line telephone, copy machine, hand washing materials.
Has access to all client medical records which may be discussed with Director of Nursing, the Administrator, the Executive Director, and the Quality Assurance department staff, including medical records and outside government agencies
1. Masters Degree from a School of Social Work approved by the Council of Social Work Education
2. Must have or be in the process of acquiring certification from the Academy of Certified Social Workers
3. Must have two years experience with at least one year of experience in a health care setting (hospital, clinic, rehabilitation center, etc.)
Employee Signature Date
Powered by JazzHR