This is a job posting from company – Mohawk Valley Health System
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Req Id 84709
Department LABORATORY CLINICAL
Shift Hours Worked 8.00
Work Schedule GENERAL BENEFITS
Employee Status A1 – Full-Time
Under the direction of the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, performs clinical testing in at least two of the following areas: blood bank, microbiology, serology, chemistry, hematology, or urinalysis. A technician is responsible for specimen collection and processing, test performance, and reporting test results.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Obtains blood specimens by skin puncture or venipuncture using appropriate technique and maintaining the integrity of the specimen in relation to the test performed: from neonates by capillary blood collection techniques; from pediatric, adolescents, adult and geriatric patients
- Prepares samples for analysis accurately and efficiently
- Evaluates suitability of specimens for analysis: appropriately accepting or rejecting specimens according to laboratory policy
- Store and/or transport samples using appropriate methods
- Reports test results accurately and timely per laboratory protocols
- Anticipate and recognize error, responding in an appropriate manner by reporting to the supervisor or technologist in charge.
- Determines the priority of requests, arranging workload to provide for optimal patient care and efficiency. Utilizes efficient organization and workflow. Turnaround times are within established timeframes.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities including unusual patient data and results.
- Maintain any clinical laboratory instrumentation and/or equipment as assigned: all preventative maintenance is documented as required
- Recognizes and corrects basic instrument malfunctions within skill level. May refer serious instrument problems to supervisor.
- Provides clinical orientation and supervision for new or less experienced personnel as assigned.
- Maintains competence needed for health care advancements, scientific research, technology, new equipment and/or new procedures.
- Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, procedures, equipment, reagents, media, and products, and maintains accurate documentation per department protocols
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate Degree in medical laboratory technology or related science with an approved training program, or high school diploma and have successfully completed an official military medical laboratory procedure course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist
- 2-3 years laboratory work
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technician License
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.