This is a job posting from company – Scientific Research Corporation
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Charleston – SC
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Casablanca New Consulate Compound (NCC) project site is located in the Casa-Anfa neighborhood, in a rapidly developing section of the city at the former airport location. The site is a seven-acre compound and includes a four-story NOB, MSGR, three CACs, two single level underground parking garages, utility and SPX buildings with a Regional Delivery Couirer Facility, and a Recreation facility with pool. The project is a D/B contract with BLHI and KCCT as Architect of Record.
- Develops working knowledge of all technical requirements of project.
- Provides Quality Assurance for ongoing construction project.
- Reviews contractor submittals.
- Prepares responses to Requests for Information (RFI).
- Evaluates proposed submittal substitutions with engineering implications; makes recommendations to the Project Director.
- Coordinates the development of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs) for modifications and change orders.
- Reviews and evaluates design calculations and data from an engineering perspective.
- Prepares Monthly Progress Report summarizing project status, with emphasis on engineering.
- Performs technical inspections of mechanical work, monitoring the contractor’s quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance
- Supports and assist OBO/Casablanca in ensuring the completion of the project in accordance with contract requirements
- Specific experience with Building Automation Systems, monitor controls and disconnects, general plumbing, water/sewage treatment, power generation and HVAC systems
- Performs the required contract work in accordance with the design documents
- Reviews engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters
- Performs quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor’s work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts
- Monitors the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program
- Observes onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly
- Monitors construction progress vis-a-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections
- Performs technical inspections of the mechanical elements of the project
- Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent’s area of expertise. After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor’s proposed remedy
- Formulates solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager
- Works on the site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures
- Reviews design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Mechanical Engineering degree (Bachelor’s or above) from an accredited program along with a minimum of seven years of on-site vertical construction experience (field activities on buildings) is required. Your resume must clearly demonstrate this required background
- Design office experience shall not count toward an employee’s experience
- A Professional Engineering License (PE) is acceptable in lieu of a degree
- Overseas experience preferred
- Must have Final Secret, Interim Top Secret (TS), or Final TS security clearance issued by Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) at the time of consideration
- Knowledge of International Codes required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word required
- Must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have an understanding of the principals of his/her discipline and how it fits in with other disciplines
- Must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications
- Must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE SECRET LEVEL WITH TOP SECRET ELIGIBILITY
WORK LOCATION: CASABLANCA, MOROCCO (U.S. CONSULATE)
PROJECT DURATION: 18 MONTHS WITH EXPECTED FOLLOW-ON WORK WITHIN THE OBO PROGRAM
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
SRC does not currently require COVID-19 vaccinations for its employees. Pending the outcome of various court proceedings and resultant government action, SRC and all other Federal Contractor employees may be required, at some point in the future, to be fully vaccinated subject to accommodations for valid medical or religious reasons. Please visit to read more about the Federal Government’s current position on COVID-19 vaccines for Federal Contractor employees.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING