This is a job posting from company – Thern Inc
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Wisconsin, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Overview: This position provides computer-aided design (CAD) layout and detail design and drafting support to the engineering team. A successful candidate must be a self-starter that is able to conceptualize the finished product and identify the best path to get there. This position also requires an individual to complete project on-time and with the correct level of detail and accuracy.
Responsibilities: including, but not limited to the following.
- Leads and executes aspects of the lifecycle management process using 3P methodology. This includes but is not limited to, the development of part geometry, assembly design and drawing generation. Design work varies from value-add value engineering efforts to product enhancements and cost reduction activities. Develops and distributes engineering data in the form of Engineering Change Notices, bills of material and parts tracking.
- Partners with the internal manufacturing facilities to resolve part or assembly issues, deviation requests and bill of material errors to keep the manufacturing lines running and ensure quality product is produced. Conducts pilot/pre-production runs related to product or process changes within the production preparation process.
- Actively participates in, or lead on occasion, team meetings using the project management fundamentals and action plans
- Evaluates custom product and modification requests for feasibility and total cost
- Continuously looks for, and actively implements process improvements related to productivity, quality, purchasing and manufacturing; to include sourcing new or alternate processes, equipment, and/or training of manpower. Looks for advancements or changes in technology via tradeshows, technology councils, vendors, or other methods.
- Support LEAN Transformation by actively participating in Kaizen teams and completing post Kaizen activities. May lead aspects of the Kaizen as necessary.
- Develops test requests and works directly with the quality group as necessary on any required follow-up. Submits prototyping requests and works directly with the model shop to produce prototypes and assembly of samples. Reviews functional specifications, project charters and competitors’ samples.
- Associates degree
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability, attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning and prioritization ability.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- 5 years mechanical design experience
- Experience in custom manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Auto Desk Inventor, or an equivalent, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with multiple functions to coordinate the flow of information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to understand product and organize information.
- Creative ability, to organize information and perform basic layout.
Great Reasons to work for Thern
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO (starting) and so many more
- Flexibility: Thern has a strong sense of work life balance; where leadership is flexible with employees to accommodate home life events in conjunction with making sure the work is getting done.
- Employees are allowed to make decisions and present ideas to improve processes so they can continue to deliver top quality products for our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.