This is a job posting from company – Sulzer
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Mechanic – Full Time – Pasadena (TX), United States
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Repair various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Read job cards to determine; job status, work authorization/limitations, estimate, description of problems and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (ac or de).
- Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identifications, configuration and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washer/steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from storekeeper, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motors leads gears seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shield,, etc.
- Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and car protection).
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- Assisted other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or -non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Perform other skilled or not-skilled duties as directed by supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand, perform and retain various skill related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor.
Have a question about the role? Reach out to Hayley Lazar at [email protected] We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2020, our 15’000 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.3 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN).
Through a network of over 100 service sites around the world, Sulzer provides cutting-edge parts as well as maintenance and repair solutions for pumps, turbines, compressors, motors and generators. We service our own original equipment, but also all associated third-party rotating equipment run by our customers, maximizing its sustainability and life cycle cost-effectiveness. Our technology-based solutions, fast execution and expertise in complex maintenance projects are available at our customers’ doorsteps.
Explore other opportunities here: