This is a job posting from company – Mathnasium
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Hawaii, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Join our A+ Team
Across North America and all over the world, Mathnasium Learning Centers are committed to teaching children math so that they understand it, master it, and love it. The Mathnasium Method™— the result of decades of hands-on instruction and development — has been transforming the lives of children through math since 2002 and continues to be shared through in-center, online, and hybrid instruction.
At Mathnasium of Waialae, we pride ourselves on changing lives through math. We empower our staff to provide exceptional educational services, build confidence in our students, and create a deep understanding and lifelong love of mathematics among our youth. If you are driven, motivated, and eager to make a difference, we would love to meet you!
Mathnasium of Waialae is looking for an exceptional Math Instructor / Tutor to create an engaging and productive learning experience for students. The ideal candidate is a bright, passionate, and dedicated professional with excellent interpersonal, mathematical, and instructional skills. This opportunity presents the right candidate a unique career path focused on helping the community and working with students, as well as a rich experience developing professional skills.
All applicants are required to take a math literacy test to demonstrate math proficiency, provide work authorization, and pass a background check. Following hiring, the new team member is required to complete training in the Mathnasium Method™. This is a part-time role with flexible hours. If you are a student (High School or College) we understand that school comes first and are very accommodating to schedule changes.
- Provide exceptional instruction/ tutoring services to students
- Participate in positive interactions with parents and establish a high level of confidence and program value
- Become proficient with digital educational materials & processes
- Teach in-center, online, and/or via hybrid delivery using the Mathnasium Method™, terminology, and teaching practices which include individualized instruction in a group setting
- Assess students’ progress throughout instructional sessions, and work collaboratively with team members to deliver the best possible experience for students
- Evaluate, grade, and correct student work and homework
- Support the maintenance of a clean & professional learning environment
- Assist with non-teaching/ instructional tasks as needed
- A passion for math and working with students
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional math competency through at least Algebra I
- Ability to balance various ongoing tasks
- Willingness to learn and be trained
- Growth Opportunities
- Great Culture
- Flexible Hours 7-19 hours per week
- Starting pay based on knowledge and experience