This is a job posting from company – Colgate-Palmolive
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 147905 – Tonganoxie, Kansas, United States
Starting Pay Rate: $38.00 per hour
$1,500 Hiring Bonus
Tonganoxie, Kansas, United States
15min to Lawrence
30min to Kansas City area
30 min to Topeka
This position can be eligible for a relocation bonus if you are located 75 miles or plus away from the plant location.
Join an exciting opportunity to be part of a brand new, highly automated facility for Hill’s Pet Nutrition! We invite you to apply for our position at our Tonganoxie, Kansas manufacturing facility.
What we offer:
- $38/hr starting rate.
- Merit increase every year based on performance
- Advancement Opportunities
- 8 hr shift schedules with overtime available
- $1 shift differential for off shifts
- Great Culture & work environment at a climate controlled facility
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage for employee & eligible dependents – Start on Day 1
- Basic Life Insurance for you and eligible dependents at NO Cost
- 15 Days of Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Saving & Investment Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Assistance – up to $10,000 per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounted Company products
- Non-smoking facility
The Sr. Automation & Controls Specialist for the Tonganoxie Manufacturing facility is responsible for on-shift support and maintenance of the electrical, controls and plant floor systems for the Hill’s Tonganoxie Plant.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) including Allen Bradley ControlLogix and GuardLogix, Wonderware based Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) or Panelview.
- Maintain and troubleshoot plant floor electrical, control and pneumatics components including: vision systems, industrial and collaborative robots, valves, motors, loop controllers, solenoids, control system I/O (Flex IO and Point IO), measurement and instrumentation systems (flow meters, load cells, photoelectrics, level probes, metal detectors, container fill detectors, touch screen monitors, computer equipment and peripherals and container vacuum detection).
- Function as a technical resource and shift troubleshooting resource for operations, maintenance and engineering (requires climbing, bending and crawling)
- Conduct training (written material, using digital flows tools and audiovisual content) for controls and electrical related systems for maintenance and operations personnel.
- Provide extensive reporting and communication of problems and steps taken.
- Perform basic network diagnostics (mostly Ethernet and Ethernet/IP).
- Follow backup procedures (controllers, panels, programmable switches, etc.).
- Document changes made to software and hardware (electrical and Process & Instrumentation prints).
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding safety standards according to the published Hill’s Safety Policy.
- Simple SQL querying for troubleshooting
- Support, troubleshoot and perform improvement configurations to the AGV and AMR fleet.
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per application specifications
- Complete controls related projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 7 years of plant technical experience or 5 years of experience and a 2 year technical degree
Requiered skills and qualifications
- Appetite for learning
- Ability to access input and retrieve information from a computer – Microsoft Word, Excel, Google tools, email
- Ability to read and use electrical schematics
- Know, understand, and interpret NEC regulatory requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits (3 phase 480 VAC, 120 VAC, 24VAC and VDC control circuits).
- Ability to troubleshoot and program PLC’s utilizing ladder logic programming. Familiar with Sequencer programming and AOI blocks.
- Be available to work on different shifts and weekends as needed
- Experience troubleshooting Wonderware/AVEVA System Platform.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL databases.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Panelview OIT.
- Experience using Industrial Networks (Ethernet, Ethernet / IP, HART).
- Ability to troubleshoot and commission Variable Frequency AC Drives, 3 phase motor starters, solenoids, control values, flowmeters, servo motors and drives, analog sensors (pressure, level, temperature), load cells.
- Familiarity with Cisco architecture and infrastructure (Basic LAN concepts)
- Ability to create or modify CAD drawings
We are a results oriented company with a caring culture and work life balance. Apply with us! Come and join our outstanding team!
Salary Range: $38.00/ hour
Pay is based on several non discriminatory factors including but not limited to experience, education, skills and office location. In addition to your salary, Colgate-Palmolive offers a performance based bonus and competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit and , or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject