This is a job posting from company – Community Housing of Wyandotte County
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Community Housing of Wyandotte County (CHWC, Inc.) is a comprehensive community development corporation whose mission is to stabilize, revitalize, and reinvest in Kansas City, Kansas through improved housing and related quality of life initiatives. We build and renovate beautiful, efficient, durable, healthy homes; promote sustainable homeownership through one on one coaching, classes, and financial assistance; and engage and strengthen neighborhoods through arts, green initiatives, and youth enterprise development.
CHWC’s commitment to build inclusion, equity, and justice into our work
The heart of CHWC’s mission is to work beside our neighbors to build stronger, better neighborhoods in Kansas City, Kansas where people of all skin colors, ages, and incomes are proud to live. Far too many of our Black and Brown neighbors have been denied the rights and benefits that strong neighborhoods enjoy. CHWC stands with our neighbors, particularly our Black and Brown neighbors, to change systems that perpetuate injustice and inequality. CHWC stands against racism, hatred, violence, and injustice. CHWC stands for diversity, inclusion, alliance, equity, and justice.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the site. Organizes, coordinates, and manages the overall maintenance programs including exterior/ interior property appearance, timely work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost-effective inventory control of the property. Schedule requires some flexibility, and is required to be on-call for maintenance emergencies. This is part-time, non-exempt, benefits eligible. Cell phone stipend, vehicle allowance. Requires smartphone, personal vehicles, basic tools
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnosing and performing minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely and professional manner within the property performance measurements. Assure all service requests are completed on a daily basis.
- Accurately document work performed on service requests using Appfolio or designated information system. Complete renewal service requests in a timely fashion within the property performance measurements.
- Follow-up on completed service requests to ensure satisfaction. Follow-up on incomplete service requests.
- Promote good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff through great “people” attitude and resident trust. Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees.
- Inspect vacated units and complete make-ready checklist.
- Routinely perform duties to restore units to “make-ready” status within the property performance measurements. Re-inspect vacant units after make-ready has been completed to determine quality of work performed.
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Perform routine property inspections. Perform building and common area upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter, especially on Commercial units.
- Assist with improvements as required
- Complete or oversee the completion of preventative maintenance. Maintain accurate records and provide resident training as required.
- Perform effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
- Coordinate maintenance objectives with the Property Manager daily.
- Perform, and report on, all work according to the safety standards of the company, OSHA and health codes. Perform work area clean-up on a weekly basis.
- Help with making sure walk ways are free of snow and ice during the winter months.
- Pre- inspect properties prior to yearly inspections.
- Purchase materials, work with vendors and get estimates as needed.
- Assist Real Estate Development team with Rehabs as time permits and with the approval of direct supervisor.
- General residential maintenance experience
- Knowledge of and previous experience in:
- Heating/AC repair
- Appliance Repair
- General Maintenance Repairs
- Knowledge of safety procedures
- Knowledge of LIHTC Inspection Standards (preferred)
- Steady and dependable
- Ability to work with pressure of deadlines
- Ability to flex work schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Must have your own vehicle and tools
- Valid driver’s license. Possess and Maintain a safe driving record, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions
- Strong applicants will have a desire to learn and understand how the principles of inclusion, equity, and justice apply to CHWC’s work
- Strong applicants will be committed to implementing principles of inclusion, equity, and justice in their day-to-day work as a member of CHWC’s team
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish and other languages is a plus.
Base Salary: Starting at $19 to $21per hour, DOQ. 30 hours per week average.
Benefits: This position is eligible for CHWC’s health, dental, vision and retirement benefits. CHWC provides 10 paid holidays, paid Christmas break (Dec 24 – Dec 31) in addition to a generous PTO package.