This is a job posting from company – Ventura Foods
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Minnesota, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Location: Albert Lea, MN
Shift: Rotating Days and Night
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Supervise and coordinate the daily activities of maintenance staff to insure installation, adjustments, repairs and maintenance of machinery are conducted in a safe and timely manner. Create and support preventative maintenance strategies and activities for electrical and automation systems within the plant, and assist in troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation and control issues to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
Lead initiatives to increase the electrical and controls effectiveness of plant equipment and help increase efficiencies by implementing new control methodologies to improve control systems operation and reliability. Train and develop maintenance staff in electrical and control systems to support maintenance department training strategies. Aid in executing focused improvement projects for all electrical and automation systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise shift electricians daily work assignments to ensure they are completed in a acceptable safe and timely manner.
- Manage elecrical maintenance of facility equipment such as boilers, air compressors, chillers, Waste Water Treatment plant, HVAC, dock doors, lighting, main tank farm, rail car unloading, ammonia refrigeration system.
- Create and support preventative maintenance strategies and activities for electrical and automation systems. Maintain all electrical/automation/plc/hmi programs with backup.
- Assist in troubleshooting electrical, instrumentation and control issues to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
- Develop and implement cost saving opportunities with provided resources to improve reliability of plant equipment control systems.
- Impart PLC and control systems technical knowledge to hourly staff through in house training to enhance the technical and troubleshooting skills of the personnel.
- Design and develop new control methodologies to increase efficiencies or production.
- Assist in planning and completion of maintenance and facility based special projects managing the complete electrical process and contractors to ensure consistency across the plant.
- Develop and apply PLC and HMI programming changes to plant systems during troubleshooting activities and projects to increase efficiency.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum (3) years of high level experience in computers, computer languages, basic programming, and/or instrumentation fields.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Electro/Mechanical background coupled with general knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, steam and refrigeration systems.
- In depth knowledge of control system hardware, and processing flow.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills when interacting with internal/external personnel.
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.