This is a job posting from company – MelroseWakefield Healthcare
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Massachusetts, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
MelroseWakefield Healthcare is a coordinated system of hospitals, physician practices and community-based services providing care for communities throughout north suburban Boston. We are distinguished by the range of clinical care and services we provide locally for the continuum of care in clinical collaboration with Tufts Medical Center, as well as an affiliation with the Lawrence Memorial. Our focus is simple: a better approach to providing health care, we bring together top-quality primary, emergency and specialty care, locally. Everything you and your family need, right in your neighborhood to be your best healthy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of psychiatric diseases and appropriate treatment modalities.
- Consistently utilizes psychotherapeutic interventions to assist patients to regain or improve their previous coping abilities and prevent further disability in collaboration with the other team members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participates in identifying at-risk behavior as dictated by patient’s clinical condition to include suicidal, homicidal, seizure, pain, fall, elopement, other risk factors as defined by patient’s clinical condition.
- In collaboration with the other team members of the multi-disciplinary team, consistently utilizes psychotherapeutic interventions to assist patients to regain or improve their previous coping abilities and prevent further disability. Use of validation, cueing, and re-direction techniques.
- Ensures the safety of both staff and patients on the Medical-Psychiatric Unit by recognizing the signs and symptoms of aggressive self-destructive behaviors and implementing appropriate measures to provide a safe environment.
- Provides special patient precautions according to policy, including safety checks, close observation, suicide precautions, and constant observation 1:1.
- Recognizes and reports any signs of suicidal ideation to RN for assessment. Maintains correct procedure for unit and patient searches.
- Graduate of an accredited and/or approved practical nurse program. Current license as a practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Current certification in CPR required.
- 2-4 years experience in health-care and nursing services experience strongly preferred. Will train on the job if needed.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to work with detailed, confidential material, computer experience required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. MelroseWakefield Healthcare reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
Please note that effective October 1, 2021, as a condition of employment at MelroseWakefield, all employees and new hires must have received their complete dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, unless they have been granted an exemption.