This is a job posting from company – Sandbox Playschool
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Washington, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Sandbox Playschool is a small community of children, families, and educators on the Westside of Olympia. We are a licensed family child care home. We serve children ages 3-5, with a ratio of 2 teachers:7 children. Our program is mostly outdoors, including covered spaces and large areas for play. We go inside for bathroom use, rest time, and/or extreme weather.
We are currently seeking a long-term substitute Lead Teacher who is creative, intentional, passionate, and reflective in their work with children and families. The ideal candidate would be committed to reflective work with children, and excited to collaborate with co-teachers and engage in ongoing professional development and growth. Familiarity with emergent curriculum, Reggio practice, and anti-bias education approaches valued.
We are looking for a substitute for our Lead Teacher as she takes maternity leave for the full months of January-April 2023. Ideally, this person would also be able to serve as an on-call substitute for our Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher from now until end of December, and after she returns from maternity leave. This position may also continue as a part time position after our Lead Teacher returns from maternity leave, and is subject to negotiation
The schedule would be 36 hours/wk. 8.5 hours a day M-Th with a 30 minute lunch and 4 hours of planning time on Friday. Planning time is used for team meeting, family conferences, curriculum development, and maintaining the school environment.
The full time start date is January 2nd, 2023. Ideally, you would start part-time, 12 hours/wk starting December 5th, 2022, to get familiar with the program, school, and the children, and create an easeful transition.
The pay rate is $20/hr in 2022. In 2023 the rate will get a COL adjustment.
Sandbox Playschool is an equal opportunity employer, valuing what diversity brings to the workplace. Teachers of color, LGBTQ and others are encouraged to apply. Fascists need not.
- Work as a team with the Assistant Teacher to create and maintain a responsive and caring school community.
- Document children’s play and work.
- Collaborate with Assistant Teacher to develop curriculum & activities.
- Maintain frequent and open communication with families, including informal discussions and family conferences.
- Ensure policies and regulations are met.
- Actively engage respectfully with children, and manage cleanliness, maintenance, and availability of materials.
- Caregiving activities such as hand washing, toileting, or changing clothes.
- Prepare healthy snacks using safe food handling practices.
- 2-3 years of professional child care experience.
- Ability to work well with others including staff, children, and families.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must be fully COVID vaccinated.
- 30 hours Basic STARS.