This is a job posting from company – Hearts and Hands of Care
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Alaska, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
NOW HIRING Caregivers / Live-in Caregivers
BASIC FUNCTION : Provide in home support in the Agency’s Assistant Living Home. Manage Basic functions of the home. Provide services for the clients that live in the home and insures the wellbeing of the clients. This position manages an assisted living home, provides support in all activities of daily living, and ensures community inclusion opportunities are provided. The selected candidate will supervise and train other staff working in the home. Manages home finances and budgets accordingly. Follow all State and Federal Laws and Regulations regarding services being provided in the home. Knowledgeable of Residents individual care needs, rights, and daily documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular cleaning of residence in areas used by person
- Prompting the residents to complete their individual laundry needs
- Assists in the development of Individual Support Plans, interaction guidelines and Plan of Care; develops written implementation schedules to assist the individual in meeting the goals outlined in the Individual Support Plan, Personal Futures Plan and Plan of Care.
- Implements support services as outlined in the Individual Support Plan, Personal Futures Plan and Plan of Care, including but not limited to, activities of daily living, day habilitation, employment, inclusionary activities and active learning.
- Provides direct care as needed in various activities such as personal finances, shopping, meal preparation, and activities of daily living, which include bathing, toileting, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, etc.
- Assure appropriate maintenance, cleanliness and safety of physical site and home vehicle.
- Implementation of Goals as approved in each individual’s POC**
- Support in dressing, changing clothes, personal hygiene
- Supporting the residents in implementing goals and objectives related to activities of daily living.
- Supporting the residents in learning and maintaining skills of self-help in the home
- Implementing meaningful activities for skill exploration, skill building or maintenance.
- Food and Medication:**
- Shopping for the home, including grocery shopping and supply shopping (when approved)
- Developing and implementing healthy menus for the residents
- Support in administering medications
- Scheduling, attending medical, therapeutic, and counseling appointments as needed.
- Pick up/drop off prescriptions as needed
- Transporting the residents to and from activities that they may be able to participate in together and appointments as necessary.
- Care of Residents:**
- Manage and assist as needed in all ADLs or other skill developments
- Actives of daily living
- Staff must implement all policies and procedures according to HAHOC and the State of Alaska regulations.
- Water temperature must be checked on a weekly basis
- MARs must be signed on a daily basis
- Medication & Administration Records
- Group Home notes must be logged into Therap on a daily basis.
- Staff must notify the Case Manager when the residents have appointments or other events in which the residents may need additional staffing for transportation purposes.
- It will be required that the live- in complete monthly fire drills
- Managing the daily operation of the home
- Orienting/Training untrained staff to the home’s policies and procedures
- Ensuring the safety and care of the residents
- Maintaining current records and documentation for each individual
- Any other duties specified by the administrator of the home in his absence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES ;
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service
- Must have knowledge of the HIPAA laws of 1996 to maintain and safeguard confidential medical and personal records
- Must have basic computer skills using Microsoft, excel, outlook, word, etc.
- Working knowledge of signs and symptoms of common illnesses and conditions
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to consistently be at work and on time
- Ability to maintain a confidential working relationship
- Excellent personal organizational skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., or 1/3 of body weight, whichever is less, on a regular basis
- Must be at least 21 years of age;
- Two (2) years’ experience working with people who experience developmental disabilities and/or challenging behaviors OR equivalent combination of related education and experience is preferred.
- Two (2) years supervisory, teaching, or mentoring experience is preferred.
- Must meet all the requirements for the position as set out in 7 AAC 125.010 – 7 AAC 125.199;
- Must be individually enrolled with the department;
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check requested under (c) of this section unless the department grants a variance under 7 AAC 10.935;
- May not have been denied a health care provider license or certification for a reason related to patient services described in 7 AAC 105 – 7 AAC 160, or ever had a license or certification revoked; and
- Must be able to independently assist the recipient with the specific ADL under 7 AAC 125.030 and services provided to the recipient
- Possess a valid driver license & at least 3 years of driving experience (may include permit time)
- DMV driving record that meets agency guidelines
- Must be to attend training and obtain First Aid card issued by the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or other agency approved by The Department of Seniors and Disability Services*
- Must complete 18 hours of CEUs of training annually
- Maintain all other Agency compliance*
- Indoors in a home setting and out in the community (as needed)
- Various Times
- 24-hour shifts, 3-4 days per week, may include evenings and weekends.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401K Savings Plan
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks and skills required of an employee in this position. HAHOC reserves the right to require that other tasks be performed when warranted (for example by emergencies, changes in personnel or workload, corporate reorganization, or technical development).
Hearts & Hands Of Care, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, and parenthood.
Powered by JazzHR