This is a job posting from company – Morgan Stephens
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Ohio, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
This position is responsible for administering nursing service in accordance with current applicable state, federal, and licensing guidelines and regulations, as well as Agency standards, to ensure the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. Act as the resident advocate and assumes the authority, responsibility and accountability for the quantity and quality of the resident care given on assigned shift.
Shift hours are 7:00PM-7:00AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily care, assessment, and assistance to assigned residents in alignment with licensure. This includes ensuring medications are administered in a timely and accurate manner, monitoring and tracking vital signs, and providing assistance with hygiene and personal care. Ensure proper administration of all treatments and medications and accountability of all medications, including narcotics.
- Directs day to day functions of the resident assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines established by the Ohio Department of Health and CMS Life Safety Code and ensure that personnel providing direct care to residents are doing so in accordance with the residents’ care plan and wishes. Monitor assigned staff to ensure they are following established safety regulations and infection control techniques in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Meets with assigned staff as well as support personnel in planning the shifts’ services, programs and activities and make written and oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of the shift.
- Completes accident/incident reports as necessary, report changes in condition and ensure appropriate documentation regarding such in the medical record.
- Regularly and consistently documents nurses’ notes in the resident case file in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to that care. Receives physician’s telephone orders and transcribe orders to resident chart, care plan, medication and treatment records.
- Communicates with Director of Nursing regarding supply inventory. Makes recommendations for changes in supplies or necessary supplies.
- Participates in employee performance evaluations, determining shift staffing requirements and makes recommendations to supervisors concerning employee discipline, dismissals, transfers, etc.
- Monitors and inspect treatment areas, resident lounges and rooms to ensure they are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Review complaints and grievances made by the resident/family, making written and/or oral report to the nurse managers. Report all allegations of abuse and begin immediate investigation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS SUPERVISES:
Current, active Practical Nursing Licensure (LPN) in the state of Ohio.
Experience with the elderly preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and listen to families, residents, visitors, staff and government agencies both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, families, and support agencies.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practice and procedures as well as laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long-term care operations.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Ability to provide work direction and performance feedback.
- Ability to incorporate new methods and principles into existing nursing practices and relay information concerning resident condition.
- Ability to interact with residents in a patient, tactful, a cheerful manner, as well as the ability to handle difficult and demanding people in a professional and effective manner.