This is a job posting from company – American Enterprise
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Iowa, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
In this collaborative role, you will get a chance to learn important skills and gain professional experience by working on a variety of projects and learn from our team of Legal professionals. You will participate in a well-rounded internship program with the opportunity to gain real world experience that supplements traditional classroom learning. This internship will run from June 5th to August 11th, 2023 working 40 hours per week for a total of 10 weeks. This is a paid internship.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Review contracts, assist the organization in identifying and mitigating third-party risk, assists in the implementation of privacy and security compliance processes, and any other legal projects that may develop (e.g. litigation discovery, vendor management projects, market conduct exam projects)
May include administrative support assisting with various tasks including but not limited to: data entry, typing, filing, contracts administration support, communication with other departments, problem solving, generating or creating simple reports, coordinating department work assignments and/or projects. * Participation in intern program including attending round tables with the Executive Leadership Team and VP’s, share what you learned with a final intern presentation, attend learning events about the organization and products, volunteering (such as Meals from the Heartland, Rebuilding Together, helping with our Community Garden), participating in the Des Moines Games, and other external networking events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond effectively with both internal and external customers. Strong listening skills with ability to understand and ask relevant questions. Must excel at contract law. Have an interest in business law (no formal business law courses are required)
Functional / Technical Skills: Detail oriented and dedicated completing projects without mistakes. * Ability to work well with a team.
- Time management: Ability to multi-task and use time effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.)
- Demonstrate the American Enterprise core competencies of change, communication, customer focus, financial acumen, innovation, teamwork, critical thinking, and decision making. For a full description of each competency, please visit americanenterprise.com/core-competencies.
- Embrace and foster a diverse and inclusive culture that aligns with our commitment to THRIVE Toolkit: We are building resources for employee reference, including a diversity driven book club, leadership training, and a culture of betterment philosophy. Hear: Every employee has a voice. We listen with attention to gain knowledge and to understand. Respect: We empower people by respecting and appreciating their differences. Inclusion: We support a collaborative workforce that promotes belonging and respect that increases participation and contribution from all employees. Value: All employees are appreciated for their uniqueness. Equity: For all.
- Demonstrate an Agile mindset* of trust, teamwork, and transparency and capability to implement agile tools into daily work, allowing for quick adaption to change. (*An agile mindset is the set of attitudes supporting an agile working environment including trust, teamwork, transparency, respect, improvement, ongoing learning, pride in ownership, focus on delivering value, and the ability to adapt to change.)
- Embrace our culture of betterment, which surrounds the question: Does this decision fit with our mission and core values while enhancing the outcome for our customers, our business, and our associates?
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Must be an entering 2L or 3L at an accredited US law school.
Basic knowledge of MS Office which could include Word and PowerPoint, as well as a basic understanding of SaaS based platforms (e.g. Conga Contracts, Workday, etc.).
- Previous internship or related experience, a plus.
- Primarily works in an office environment (or in-home office) performing work that is sedentary which involves remaining stationary and working on a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to review, assess, and/or analyze data and figures by viewing a computer screen, including extensive reading.
- Regularly communicates with others in-person, via video conferencing, electronically (including email), or by phone to exchange accurate information.
This job description does not list all activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required. The employee in this position may be assigned other duties at any time with or without notice.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.