This is a job posting from company – NextGroup LLC
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Illinois, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Job Brief and Employer Overview:
UNITE HERE HEALTH is an ERISA “employee welfare benefit plan” and a not- for-profit multiemployer Taft-Hartley trust fund that provides health and other benefits to members across the country. The purpose of this position is to counsel and advise on legal compliance issues related to the operation of our multiemployer health plan, along with compliance issues related to our internal single employer staff welfare plan, 401(k) plan, defined benefit plan and deferred compensation plan. Legal Counsel will also work on various projects as assigned. This position is hybrid and located out of UniteHereHealth’s Aurora, IL headquarters.
- Analyzes, comprehends and applies complex federal and state regulations, as applicable (including Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA); Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA))
- Reviews plan amendments, benefit plan resolutions, Summary of Material Modification (SMMs), Summary Plan Description (SPDs), Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBCs), and other communications
- Assists in plan interpretation and appeals
- Supports daily administration and assists with Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSOs) and other operational issues
- Assists in creating and reviewing policies and procedures
- Assists with the legal due diligence related to health fund mergers
- Negotiates, drafts and reviews contracts related to administration
- Monitors legal developments and changes in law applicable to a multiemployer health fund and to single employer health and pension funds
- Performs legal research and drafts memoranda analyzing assigned issues
- Works collaboratively with Executive Leaders and presents research / analysis
- Sets goals and achieve measurable results
- Contributes ideas to plans and achieving department goals
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; leads, supports, and partners with the Legal leadership on creating a resilient, high-performing, inclusive culture of diversity and equitable opportunity for employee success and career growth.
- Exemplifies the Fund’s BETTER Values in leading and fostering a respectful, trusting, and engaged culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Takes actions that promote attracting, hiring, retaining, and motivating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job
- Performs Essential Job Functions and Duties with or without reasonable accommodation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Years of Experience and Knowledge
- 3 ~ 5 years of direct experience in employee benefit compliance minimum
- Multiemployer plan experience preferred
- Working knowledge and experience in laws related to welfare and pension funds, including ERISA, ACA, CAA, HIPAA, COBRA and IRC
Education, Licenses, and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Law degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in the State of Illinois
- Must maintain good standing with the Illinois Bar, as well as any other State Bars to which he/she is admitted
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to apply complex rules and regulations to our unique multiemployer welfare plan
- Perform legal research (Lexis-Nexis and Checkpoint)
- Drafting and organizational skills
- Analytical, deductive reasoning, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Concise and clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Multi-tasking, team building and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills
Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Compensation/Benefits and Job Structure:
This is a full-time, hybrid position located in Aurora, IL. The company offers competitive compensation and generous benefits. UniteHereHealth maintains a culture of respect for all employees and commitment to including diverse voices and backgrounds at all levels of the organization.