This is a job posting from company – Newmont
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Washington, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
About this role
What will you be responsible for?
Manages, integrates, and coordinates project data to keep costs and schedules on track. Maintains the project budget and cost control functions including budgeting, scheduling, change management, estimating, tracking project progress, forecasting and managing project earned value.
Your role will consist of
Here is a snapshot of what your day to day will look like:
- Collaborate with Project and Program Managers to develop and implement project controls functions, including task identification, estimate development, work break down structure determination, and the project schedule management to control budgets and enhanced project performance.
- Supports document control processes. Builds project documents for Project Manager review and approval, then publishes, and maintains the project document control register. Prepares change notices for Project Manager approval and assists in preparation of AFE documents and Project Execution plans.
- Directly responsible for generating and compiling project status reports and summary reports for monthly reporting cycle, working closely with Corporate Accounting and Supply Chain as well as other Functions and project teams.
- Reviews and supervises cost management activities, including monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and reporting data from contractors. Recommends initiatives to address potential issues/problems.
- Coordinates the project’s budget. Works directly with Site Manager to develop and refine project budgets. Reviews monthly financial reports for accuracy and ensures the project expenditures remain within approved budget limits.
- Allocate budget to contracts and purchase orders, prepares commitment, accrual, expenditure plans and forecasts. Coordinates with vendors for delivery of products and services in accordance with contract requirements.
- Provides support to project team to facilitate project kick-off, planning and review meetings.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your training, skills, and experience checklist
Here is what we would need to see from you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business analysis, project controls, contract administration, project management or construction management.
- Requires comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles of heavy earthmoving construction projects and support functions (Environmental, Legal, Finance, HR) and directly engages with Director+ level.
- 5+ years of general construction or environmental remediation experience, with not less than 2 years of direct project controls experience.
- Development of construction project execution plans.
- Is responsible for the budget and schedule planning process.
- Adapts plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges encountered at the site.
- Actively interacts with multiple other functions.
Abilities & Skills:
- Must be highly analytical in regard to financial planning, estimating, and scheduling.
- Proficiency with project controls and project management processes and software such as Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, PRISM and others is required.
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs is necessary.
- A working knowledge of SAP and Ellipse ERP systems is helpful.
- A working knowledge of document control processes and systems such as Aconex or eRooms is desirable.
- Must successfully complete 40hr HAZWOPER.
- Valid state/city/country driver’s license.
- Valid COVID-19 Vaccination.
Working conditions and location
Where you will be located!
- Position is project site office based for approximately 6 months of the year and remote work-from-home based 6 months of the year.
- Job duties may occasionally include working in an environment that presents exposure to construction activity associated with heavy earthmoving projects.
- Position may entail non-routine periodic domestic or international travel.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you commence employment with the company. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.