This is a job posting from company – Kiewit
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Requisition ID: 160319
Job Level: Internship
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Do you want an inside look into the technology, quality, engineering and design professions that will inspire you as you make plans for future? Do you want to be part of an industry that will make a real difference in peoples’ lives all over the world? Get a head start on building your career! Kiewit’s paid internship program will give you hands-on experiences and develop industry knowledge coveted by professionals. As a Kiewit intern, you will work in a fast-paced, team environment, using cutting-edge technology to design and engineer the future of our planet. This program provides challenging and achievable projects that will encourage participants to pursue their interests in the field of technology, quality, engineering or design.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power and Industrial districts, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner’s engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
- Gas-fired generation
- Power delivery
- Environmental retrofits
- Renewables and new technology
- Mineral Processing
- Industrial Power
- Pulp & Paper
- Food & Beverage
- Industrial Water
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office. Housing is not provided.
- Assist in design sketches using CAD and other industry-leading technology
- Research and analyze compiled data to make recommendations and business decisions
- Develop and refine content for company training manuals, process improvement materials, and technical reference documents
- Collaborate with teammates on projects that directly impact the business
- Actively participate in technical and soft skills courses, as well as discipline-specific pieces of training presented by industry professionals
- Design and present an End of Program Presentation to showcase your work and development throughout the LEAD program
- Build professional relationships with discipline-specific peer advisors
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Incoming high school Junior, Senior, college Freshman or incoming college Sophomore
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 8-10 weeks during the summer, providing own transportation
- A natural curiosity and passion for the field of technology, quality, engineering or design
- Strong analytical ability with a mind for process improvement
- Comfort with data analysis and research
- Detail-oriented work style with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting with minimal supervision to accomplish common goals
- Ability to present and speak publicly to both small and large groups within the organization
- Demonstrates professionalism and maturity on a day to day basis
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize workload accordingly
- Demonstrates a customer service oriented mindset
- Preferably has held a leadership role within a team, organization, club, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, and PowerPoint)
- Experience and understanding of MS SharePoint, Auto CAD, Revit, and Mathcad is a plus
- Ability to learn and understand a variety of business based computer programs quickly is preferred
- Please include an updated resume to your LEAD application. Applicants without a resume will not be considered.
- The online application process for the LEAD Program will close on February 3, 2023.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified after February 3, 2023.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.