This is a job posting from company – ThinkBAC Consulting
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Missouri, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Lead Energy Storage Power Controls Engineer – Renewables
Location: FULL-TIME REMOTE (Anywhere in the USA)
This an opportunity to join an industry leading renewable energy venture with strong private equity backing that is focused on the development, execution, and operations of dynamic utility-scale energy storage projects. They are at the forefront of the industry, have accumulated over 7GW of projects in a relatively short period of time, and are currently in an accelerated expansion phase that includes the addition of a Lead Power Control Systems Engineer.
This is a business critical role that will help drive the Asset Management strategy in the areas of Instrumentation, SCADA, and Automated Control Systems across the portfolio. It is a hands-on role that will act as a Lead IC&E Engineer in the development of control system architecture and methodologies for innovative utility-scale renewable energy projects involving battery storage technology. The control system architecture will also integrate with a proprietary in-house data driven decision-making technology platform.
They are committed to creating more renewable infrastructure solutions for the grid and are offering long term EQUITY BASED BONUS INCENTIVES OPPORTUNITIES to their employees leading the drive to meet company goals. Other perks included a competitive base salary, open PTO policy, flex work hours, benefits, the opportunity to work with a transparent Executive Leadership Team..and more.
- The Renewables Power Controls SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Acts as an SME for all Instrumentation, SCADA, and Automated Control Systems implementation, installation, commissioning and maintenance energy storage initiatives
- The Renewables Power Control SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Takes ownership of Control systems architecture, integrations, algorithms, network models, and conceptual design build outs based on ISO/RTO requirements
- The Renewables Power Controls SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Leads electrical control systems modeling or programming using tools like Python and MATLAB/Simulink
- The Renewables Power Control SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Leads SCADA and substation automation system integration process
- The Renewables Power Controls SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage)- Develops and implements SCADA operating procedures that meet ISO/RTO and NERC compliance standards
- The Renewables Power Control SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Provides technical assessments of grid-tied inverter software and hardware solutions
- The Renewables Control SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Evaluates battery storage dispatch models, battery management systems, inverters, P&C layouts, and relay logic to ensure assets are optimized for success
- The Renewables Power Controls SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Provides interconnection controls system infrastructure (substation, t-line, generation plants..etc) requirements based on incoming load requests & transmission interconnection agreements
- The Renewables Power Control SCADA Engineer (Energy Storage) – Leads business critical IC&E stakeholder correspondence with Renewable Developers, Regulatory bodies, ISOs, and internal partners
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related discipline with a focus Power Control Architecture, SCADA, IC&E, or Automation Systems
- Advanced expertise in electrical control systems modeling or programming using tools like Python and MATLAB/Simulink
- Hands-on experience with inverter system controls, battery storage, or renewable energy/electric utility system control system integration protocols
- Ability to provided critical input on technical assessments of utility-scale renewable energy grid-tied inverter software and hardware solutions
- Ability to build out NEW control system architecture / infrastructure and backend SCADA communication systems for plant control optimization
- Well versed in writing/defining SCADA / EMS operational scopes, conceptual design, and defining technical requirements
- Proven background in ISO/RTO and transmission interconnection stakeholder management including assessing grid impacts and necessary infrastructure substation, t-line, generation plants..etc) support
- Strong understanding of SCADA, Dispatcher Power Flow, Operator Training Simulator (OTS), User Interface, Automatic Generation Control, and Data Alarm Processing