This is a job posting from company – Spencer Ogden
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New Mexico, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
I am currently representing a global clean energy developer who is looking for a Land Agent/Land Acquisition Manager to assist them with their project development pipeline in New Mexico and Colorado.
The Land Agent will be primarily responsible for negotiating and securing land agreements in field-based land acquisition to support project development pipeline goals and support field-based land needs for projects in implementation and operations phase. The primary locations will be in the States of New Mexico and Colorado. The Land Agent is also responsible for land acquisition negotiations, assisting in obtaining curative agreements, developing, and maintaining relationships with local officials or stakeholders, conducting update meetings for stakeholders, and project reporting at the direction of the Project Development team.
- Initiate and manage relationships with landowners that will culminate in securing a long-term land agreement for the purpose of using the land for renewable project development.
- Assist in obtaining fully executed documents needed in advanced stages of development including, but not limited to, land leases, land purchases, collection and transmission line easements, access road easements, title curative instruments and crossing agreements.
- Implement land acquisition campaigns, including identification of landowners within prospective sites, initiating contact and meeting with individual landowners to articulate the benefits of company’s value proposition, and negotiating contracts with landowners and/or landowner attorneys for participation in proposed renewable energy projects.
- Provide data for weekly updates with Project Development team staff regarding priority tasks for projects and submit a weekly status report(s) to maintain up-to-date summary of project activities.
- Conduct Stakeholder meetings, presentations and maintain relationships with Stakeholders throughout the land acquisition and development process.
- RL, RPL, or CPL through American Association of Professional Landmen preferred
- Local Notary license preferred, or the ability to obtain one
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Business, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of land acquisition experience is required.
- 1+ year of land acquisition experience in renewable energy industry – strongly preferred
- Proven sales, account acquisition and account management experience are a must.
- Task and detail-oriented problem solver with exceptional organizational skills.
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft Office, and CRM software.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and public speaking skills.
- Contract drafting experience required
- Working knowledge of land, legal, and negotiation principles and an ability to deploy effectively
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as a team player, required.