This is a job posting from company – Clean Earth
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Missouri, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Are you looking for an opportunity that is more than a job? Plant your roots and grow with Clean Earth. Here at Clean Earth, you will have the opportunity for a career in the growing field of environmental sustainability. Clean Earth provides waste solutions to retailers, pharmacies, hospitals, government operations, harbors, manufacturers, and consumers. Clean Earth ensures a cleaner, greener planet for generations to come. You could be part of the solution!
Why join Clean Earth?
In addition to competitive pay, we also offer:
- Health benefits available Day 1
- 401k available Day 1
- 10+ paid holidays/year
- Free HAZWOPER training and certification
- Overtime opportunities
- Ability to be cross-trained into different roles
Clean Earth is a leading provider of environmental services with over 60 facilities throughout the U.S. We are a division of Harsco Corporation, a global powerhouse with over 11,000 employees. And we were recently named as one of America’s Most Loved Workplaces 2021 by Newsweek!
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance in the coordination and proper disposal of hazardous and industrial waste materials for Solvent Recovery customers. This position oversees various tasks, including collection, segregation, processing and preparing supporting documentation of waste management activity.
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following all applicable policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assist in the segregation of chemicals by Department of Transportation (DOT) hazard class, packing/unpacking compatible chemicals in appropriate containers and preparing for treatment or transportation and completing necessary paperwork per job.
- Complete logs and other paperwork necessary for tracking and billing purposes.
- Tests for compatibility of chemicals prior to consolidating for disposal; combines chemicals in drums or dispose material directly in treatment tanks.
- Receives shipments of waste materials by unloading drums containing smaller/inner containers. Reviews packing slips to verify amount and type of waste received.
- Work with outbound facilities to get lab pack sheets approved before shipment.
- Responsible for keeping operating areas, walls, pipes, and floor in a clean and safe condition.
- Operate a fork truck, with attachments and all other SRCL vehicles and perform inspections as needed.
- Introductory knowledge of highly hazardous chemicals/wastes management/assessment, cylinder handling, hazardous waste generation, management practices, shipping and related procedures.
- Position handles hazardous materials and will often require use of Personal Protection Equipment, i.e, boots, gloves, suits, eye/ear protection and respirator.
- Four-year college degree (Science or environmental majors required) or 5+ year’s equivalent experience required.
- Prior lab packing or environmental waste experience preferred
- 2 or more years of prior laboratory experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training
- Experience with basic lab techniques and calculations
- Knowledge of Gas Chromatography and/or ICP-OES
- Knowledge of chemical compatibilities
Clean Earth offers competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plans starting on the first day of employment; paid time off, wellness benefits, employee discount program, tuition assistance, and a 401k with company matching.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or genetics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Clean Earth’s website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Clean Earth offers the following alternate application procedure: Call toll free (833) 209-2659 and leave your name, phone number, city and state of residence. Clean Earth will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. This line is dedicated to disability applications only. No other inquiries will receive a response.