This is a job posting from company – YWCA of Lubbock
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
YWCA of Lubbock
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for food service to all child care programs. This position plans and directs food service activities for the YWCA Child Development Center, Head Start & Early Head Start Program, YW-CAre and Day Camp programs and other events at the YWCA.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Prepare menus in accordance with CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program) guidelines, USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) meal patterns, and Texas Child Care Licensing and Health Department regulations.
- Assist with cooking, serving, and cleaning duties for all food service activities.
- Drive to each YWCA childcare site to deliver food daily.
- Ensure food is prepared, cooked, and served within appropriate guidelines.
- Store food in designated areas; distribute supplies, utensils, and portable equipment; keep work areas clean; and segregate and remove garbage to maintain quality.
- Assist in the inventory of food items and supplies.
- Must have daily transportation to and from sites.
- May represent the YWCA in community groups.
- Carry food-service responsibility for special events or other YWCA projects.
- Perform related job duties as required.
- Learn and support the YWCA mission, vision, and policies to meet the goals of the organization without compromise, serving as a role model for the Lubbock community both in demeanor and in life-style habits.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food service, catering and customer service.
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Maintain ServSafe certification.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, and good leadership skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff and public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate standard kitchen equipment including but not limited to stove top, oven, mixer, etc.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide for computation in menus, recipes, and food service reports.
- Present self professionally in appearance and mannerism at all times.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours from time to time, including evenings or weekends.
- Infrequent travel: 0-10 days/year.
- Pass a criminal history background check and FBI fingerprint check.
- Ability to relate well with a variety of populations.
The physical demands described here are representative, though not comprehensive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly sit, stand, bend, crouch, stoop, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk, hear, and see.
- Work on foot for up to eight (8) hours a day.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative, though not comprehensive, of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level varies between quiet and loud.
- Pace varies between deliberate and fast.
Reports To:Director of Food ServicesFLSA Status:Non-Exempt
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
It is the policy of the YWCA of Lubbock to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to age, race, gender, color, sexual orientation, pregnancy, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Powered by JazzHR