This is a job posting from company – Archinect
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Brooklyn Home Company is an integrated architecture, design and development practice, specializing in multi-family and single family high-end residential projects. Our work is not tethered to classical or modernist schools of thought; instead we prioritize the use of enduring materials, and the craft to newly express them in meaningful spaces. Passive House design principles are part of our core philosophy as well.
We are looking for a junior to intermediate interior architect/designer to join our team. The candidate should have 2-5 years design experience on high-end residential projects, where they were involved in all phases. The ideal candidate would be a gifted designer, who is organized and able to manage parts of a project. Our team is small, so there is tremendous opportunity to have real input at all stages of design and construction. The role can be primarily remote, with the ability to attend site and office meetings in Brooklyn, NY.
- Drafting plans/elevations/sections/details in AutoCAD, from concept through construction documents
- Render elevations as required
- Source FF&E, decorative lighting and furniture
- Price selections, vendor correspondence, all sample requests
- Build and maintain FF&E and furniture schedules, procure and track delivery
- Work with Senior Designer/PM to prepare client presentations
- Manage project budgets and timelines
- Communicate with consultants and tradespeople through CA
Requirements & Qualifications
- Professional Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design
- Able to showcase finished work in your portfolio and discuss your role
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp
- Ability to 3D render in Rhino or related software is preferred
- Ability to hand sketch ideas and graphically communicate design intent
- Passionate designer and creative thinker, with a good spatial sense and eye for detail
- An interest in the historical context of projects, as well as the implementation of Passive House design principles
- Ability to work in a team and manage yourself, and communicate well with colleagues
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
The Brooklyn Home Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, 401(k) plan, disability, and personal time off (vacation, sick leave, holidays, and personal days). Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and work samples/portfolio to
. Applications without work samples/portfolio are not eligible for further consideration. Please no phone calls and/or office visits.