This is a job posting from company – Mesa County
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Colorado, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Janitorial Manager oversees the work of everyone in the janitorial department. They will ensure the entire janitorial staff is doing their job effectively. They oversee cleaning duties and ensure the office or establishment is clean and sanitary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(The following duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. Mesa County reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time. All responsibilities may not be performed by all incumbents.)
Janitorial Manager oversees and supervise the work of janitors, custodians and housekeeping personnel. They plan staff’s schedule and keep track of their attendance. Create checklists for bathrooms, offices etc. which are made up of duties to be done daily, also coordinate all staff activities, train newly hired staff of their duties, responsibilities, and how to use the equipment or machines designed for cleaning and sanitation. In small organizations like a school or a small office, the janitorial manager may also perform some of the tasks that a janitor does, such as taking out the trash, sweeping and cleaning the floors or cleaning bathrooms. They are also responsible for reporting broken equipment, buying cleaning tools, and keeping supplies in stock.
- Complete the weekly schedule for cleaning staff
- Manage daily schedules, including lunches and breaks
- Interview and train new staff
- Keep track of inventory needs
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed, including time keeping
- Maintain quality standards
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Maintain and manage the department’s budget
- Oral and written communications must be clear and effective
- Other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Janitorial or housekeeping experience strongly preferred
- Human resources or management experience is a plus
- Ability to perform physical tasks as needed
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- All applicants must be able to pass a background check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This position requires standing, stooping, sitting, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 75 pounds.
The employee is frequently exposed to dirt, smoke, fumes, extreme heat and cold for long duration, outside atmospheric conditions, and dust for sustained periods of time.
The employee is frequently exposed to loud noise.
In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act the following items can be used as a determining factor in the starting and ongoing wage of an employee working in this position:
A seniority system that rewards employees based on length of employment.
A merit system that rewards employees for exceptional job performance.
Education, training, or experience to the extent that they are reasonably related to the work in question.
This position is eligible for the Mesa County benefit package which includes the following:
- Paid Sick and Vacation Leave
- Life insurance
- Long term disability