This is a job posting from company – Wellmark
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Iowa, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Why Wellmark: We are a mutual insurance company owned by our policy holders across Iowa and South Dakota, and we’ve built our reputation on over 80 years’ worth of trust. We are not motivated by profits. We are motivated by the well-being of our friends, family, and neighbors–our members. If you’re passionate about joining an organization working hard to put its members first, to provide best-in-class service, and one that is committed to sustainability and innovation, consider applying today!
Why Wellmark Technology? Wellmark is building innovative, modern solutions using cutting edge technology. We are driving organizational transformation and business strategy by empowering our technology team to innovate new and elegant solutions to enhance the customer experience. Together, we are leaning into the future, owning the outcome, and driving organizational change to transform how we work.
More about our unique benefit offerings .
More about working at Wellmark .
About the Career: You will lead architectural design efforts across the enterprise for designated delivery teams optimizing security, information leverage and system performance/availability and ensure solutions developed adheres and aligns to the delivered architecture and standards. You will work cross-functionally with business stakeholders in technical planning and system delivery. In addition, you will consult and provide input on business process improvements. You will provide guidance for IT policies, procedures, tools, security and infrastructure. And you will research and recommend new emerging technologies, techniques and tools that will add value to the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate: You look forward to collaborating with your peers, providing and receiving feedback on standards, and ensuring constant compliance with architecture and design framework. You embrace change, can quickly prove out technology, and introduce and educate business and technology partners on approved technology frameworks. You feel fulfilled when you are able to find transitions to get to target state when timelines or other factors prevent achieving target state. You are energized by being able to define your own path in which you architect solutions toward a defined goal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or direct and applicable work experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in an IT environment, focusing on leading application solutions delivery and design
- excellent familiarity with architectural patterns including data aggregation, integration, application architecture, event and process centric design, loose coupling, knowledge of architectural technologies/technology trends including cloud computing
- extensive experience with application design, layering, and the concept of separation of concerns
- familiarity with data storage types and their unique qualities that differentiate them from each other for specific use cases
- experience providing overall direction, guidance, and definition of implementing the architecture that effectively supports the Corporate Business Strategy in the context of projects
- experience using agile and waterfall SDLC
- Strong decision making skills, with the ability to effectively solve business problems
- Effective organizational and communication skills including the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated experience providing effective consulting and influencing decisions through sound judgment and data analysis to effectively drive positive business outcomes and resolve complex issues
- Ability to influence, solicit cooperation and action from others in order to educate, gain understanding and get buy-in
- Prior experience measuring and evaluating work processes to achieve organizational goals
- Advanced critical thinking abilities and strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to be highly adaptable to unexpected changes or situations that occur. Adjusts effectively to work within work structures, business processes, work requirements and culture
- Prior informal leadership skills typically gained by leading work teams, coaching, mentoring and facilitating work activities, along with strong relationship management skills developing collaborative and strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience partnering with global staffing vendors to deliver projects
- Experience in creating reference implementations
- Familiarity with TOGAF, Zachman, or other architecture frameworks
- Cloud architecture with AWS or Azure
- Application and Infrastructure design experience
- Healthcare industry knowledge and experience
a. Lead the architectural designs (solution context diagram and conceptual data model) for solutions to optimize security, information leverage and re-use, integration, performance, and availability and ensure solutions developed adhere and aligns to the delivered architecture. Fulfill service level agreements and ensure solutions remains current with industry best practices, technologies and with Wellmark’s standards.
b. Consult and influence application teams regarding solutions. Collaborate with Tm Ldr & Lead Architect to design and implement effective technology solutions, while using innovative business and technology processes to identify and implement improvement initiatives, eliminate redundancies and maximizes re-use of applications.
c. Will oversee and lead planning, developing and estimating of technical solutions. When appropriate, collaborate and work with other technical teams in to better provide subject matter expertise and insights.
d. Develops architecture models and technical standards that enable the transition of Wellmark’s systems from current state to future requirements. Will collaborate with Lead Architect for assigned domain, business systems analyst and other stakeholders to provide insight/ direction regarding process improvements.
e. Consults with business stakeholders regarding subject matter knowledge related to project tasks, schedules/status updates and technical planning to ensure architectures are developed in alignment with business expectations.
f. Oversee, review and provide technical guidance on the design efforts of Wellmark’s supported solutions; including but not limited to the evaluation of vendors during the selection process, integrating with new vendors, design, implementation and administration.
g. Will adhere and are held accountable for the support and influence of Wellmark’s architecture governance standards, operational/development procedures and technical standards. Provide design specifications to governing boards for proper approvals. Provides guidance for regarding IT policies, security and infrastructure.
h. Will provide training and mentorship of others regarding architectural design and solution implementation; including review and quality assurance.
i. Build strong relationships and business acumen with the business to ensure architectures are aligned with business needs. Provide exceptional customer service and solutions.
j. Develops and applies industry best practice technology, design and methodology approaches to design system architecture. Researches and recommends new emerging technologies, techniques and tools that will add value to the organization.
k. Other duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact us at