This is a job posting from company – Christensen O’Connor Johnson Kindness PLLC
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Washington, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
COJK is seeking qualified candidates to fill a full-time Intellectual Property Legal Assistant position.
COJK is a Seattle-based intellectual property law firm practicing all areas of IP law. The firm, established in 1929, enjoys a culture produced by a management ethos that emphasizes teamwork, effective communication, and a healthy balance between work and family life. The company takes great pride in its ability to provide excellent service to our clients and further the opportunities of our attorneys and staff for professional and personal growth.
Candidates must possess 4-5 years of patent prosecution experience, strong organizational and communication skills, and a desire to produce quality work products. Candidates who appreciate a busy, fast-paced work environment and who see challenges as opportunities for growth and development are encouraged to apply.
This position is offered as either a remote or a hybrid work environment. The position will report to the Legal Assistant Supervisor and will interact with attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, docketing personnel, accounting personnel, and other staff.
We value a positive attitude and the ability to be a part of a team as much as we value skills and experience. If you are looking to join a dynamic team in the field of intellectual property law, are willing to learn new procedures, and believe you are a fit with the position we are looking to fill, we encourage you to apply.
- Prepare and electronically file documents relating to U.S. Provisional, Non-Provisional, Continuation, Continuation-In-Part, Divisional, Design, Convention and National Stage Patent Applications in the U.S. Patent Office; knowledge of Reissue Application procedure is a plus
- Prepare and electronically file documents relating to USPTO Office Actions and formalities
- Prepare and electronically file Information Disclosure Statements
- Prepare and review client communications
- Maintain, and proactively manage, multiple dockets
- Maintain electronic files
- Update ProLaw database entries and liaise with Docketing Department to do same (knowledge of ProLaw a plus, however, database training will be provided)
- Review filing documents for other Legal Assistants, as needed
- Provide assistance to other Legal Assistants and coverage of others’ desks, as needed
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and take direction
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities to assist/support colleagues, during busy times
- Ability to work as part of a team with different work styles, or work independently as the tasks require
- Ability to strategize and prioritize
- Transportation pass offered, if in-person/hybrid schedule elected