This is a job posting from company – Otter Creek Child Center
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Vermont, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Otter Creek Child Center is a welcoming community for families with children ages 5 years-old and younger. Otter Creek provides a safe, nurturing environment where families feel comfortable leaving their little ones, to explore, wonder, learn, and grow.
Highly trained teachers that create age appropriate learning environments and stimulating curriculum based on children’s interests and wonders.
Making connections to the world around us through exploration of the natural world and local community.
Affordable tuition made possible through partnerships with state agencies and in-house scholarship fund.
Otter Creek Child Center is looking for a teacher:
- Who sees themselves as a professional and has an appreciation of diversity
- Who has demonstrated communication skills and has the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Who has a commitment to family centered practice
- Who has the desire to work as part of a team committed to reflection about teaching and learning to collaborate on planning and implementing curriculum using observation and documentation to inform child assessment and program planning in a cycle of inquiry
- Ability to work in all aspects of the position.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment; willingness to share ideas and openness to others’ ideas.
- Ability to build positive relationships with children, staff, parents and community.
- Sensitivity to individual children’s differences and needs; willingness to adjust program and curriculum to meet those needs.
- Motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment, and commitment to continue own education.
- Ability to apply current ideas, principles and methods in early childhood education and child development.
- Excellent communication skills, including good listening skills.
CCV Childcare Certification, VT EC Apprentice, AA in Early Childhood Education or related field, or BA in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Working knowledge of Vermont Early Learning Standards, NAEYC standards and Vermont regulations pertaining to early childhood education.
- Familiarity with the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Earned Paid Time Off (PTO), 160 hours in year 1 and 200 hours in year 2
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment
- Paid Holidays and Snow Days
- Paid Professional Development
- Child care Discount
- Professional Development Support
- Employee Assistance Program
- Telemedicine Services
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Paid Release Time for Academic Classes
- Paid planning time
- Yearly wage increases
Compensation is based on education and experience.