This is a job posting from company – CAE
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: 73301, Arlington
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Role and Responsibilities
Who We Are:
- CAE Vision: Our vision is to be the worldwide partner of choice in defense and security, civil aviation, and healthcare by revolutionizing our customers’ training and critical operations with digitally immersive solutions to elevate safety, efficiency and readiness.
- CAE Defense & Security Mission: CAE’s Defense and Security business unit focuses on helping prepare military customers to develop and maintain the highest levels of mission readiness.
- CAE Values: Empowerment, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity and OneCAE make us who we are and we strive to make a difference in the world while helping each other succeed.
What We Have to Offer:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package and flexibility that promotes work-life balance
- A work environment where all employees are valued, respected and safe
- Freedom to succeed by enabling team members to deliver, take initiatives and make decisions
- Recognition, professional development, advancement and having fun!
This is a hands on software engineering position on the Graphical User Interface team. The primary responsibility of this position is supporting the development of customer’s Instructor Operator Station (IOS) Graphical User Interface (GUI). Job duties include product code generation, testing, and integration with other training environment components. The system includes 2D & 3D graphics and some of the product development will require utilizing graphic technologies. Candidate should be a fast learner with very strong analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to carry tasks through to completion with only general technical direction.
The GUI Software Engineer, is responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development. Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications. Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products. Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application. Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system. Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation. Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Analyze requirements and determine end user needs for implementation.
- Analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Design and develop Windows and Linux applications
- Contribute as a team member to prepare, update and/or maintain software design documentation and customer documentation
- Ensure software and quality company processes and standards are met
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Candidate must possess a BS in engineering or related aviation or computer systems discipline
- Beginning professional with 6 months to 2+ years of prior Software engineering experience using Object Oriented Design, Qt Framework (Qt 4.8+)
- Demonstrated ability to work under moderate supervision to design, develop, document, test and debug simulation software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- The understanding of implementing functional requirements for computer software
- Software languages: C/C++, C#
- Experience in Ada, FORTRAN, Perl, Python and UML or the ability to quickly pick up legacy languages is a plus
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments such as Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse
- Experience in Database Systems and 2D and 3D graphics programming including OpenGL a plus
- Experience in Windows 10 & Linux
- General understanding of computer networking communications
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, interpersonal, and listening
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented development environment and possess a willingness to take ownership, accept accountability, and thrive under pressure
- Ability to provide and receive constructive criticism. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support level employees.
- Ability to apply sound engineering principles and develop innovative solutions
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Flexibility to support occasional overtime, weekend work, shift work and site travel (CONUS)
- General computer skills including use of Microsoft Office products
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Secret security clearance
- Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
- Familiar with GUI design principals and standards
- Experience developing graphical maps and plots in 2D and 3D.
- Experience with geospatial display software.
- General understanding of operating system concepts – multi-threading, events, semaphores, memory management, and system configuration
- JSON, DDS experience
- Knowledge of different testing methodologies (e.g., White/Gray/Black box testing)
- Configuration Management and Collaboration tools such as ClearCase/ClearQuest, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, etc) and Perforce
- Familiarity with Perforce and Atlassian tools a plus.
- Defense Industry or Military Experience a plus
- SAFe Agile Experience a plus
- Active DoD Secret Clearance within a six-year investigation period a plus
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
Due to U.S. Government contract requirements, only U.S. citizens are eligible for this role.
This job operates in a professional office or computer lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. Occasional travel for data gathering or customer test events is possible.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This role requires the ability to maneuver body in/out of cockpit containing sensitive equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here .
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “,USA”