This is a job posting from company – DHA Housing Solutions For North Texas
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
DHA HOUSING SOLUTIONS FOR NORTH TEXAS
FEBRUARY 17, 2022
Job Title: HOUSING PROGRAMS COMPLIANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Salary Range: $39,014 – $58,521
Location: COMPLIANCE & TRAINING
Summary: Under general supervision, conducts administrative, analytical, planning, and evaluative work. While such work does not require a specialized educational preparation, it does require a high degree of qualitative and/or quantitative analytical skills, the ability to research problems and issues, written and oral communication skills, and the application of mature judgement in problem solving. The Project Manager is a senior compliance analyst who conducts internal and external reviews of programmatic areas and non-programmatic areas, analyzes results, makes recommendations, drafts reports and provides technical assistance and training to program staff as directed. Completes special projects using knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents, which affect the use of program and related support resources. This is a non-supervisory position. This position requires knowledge of relationships with other programs and functions, both internal and external to this agency. In addition, performs a variety of activities in support of compliance program initiatives, with a focus on auditing and monitoring, and investigations and reporting
Essential Job Functions: The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification. Shown are duties intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Assisted Housing Programs
- Ensures regulatory compliance with all Authority and program requirements including new admissions, annual recertification’s, interim recertification’s, HCV client port-ins and port outs, and appropriate file documentation ensuring rules are followed and files completed
- Design and implement comprehensive studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of work operations; interpret and apply legislative history, relevant court decisions, state and local laws, and agency policy
- Review, evaluate, and monitor programmatic areas, including but not limited to, the Housing Voucher Programs (Voucher Programs Department) and the Public Housing Programs (including housing tax credit and multifamily 50059 property regulations), for compliance with applicable federal statutes and regulations, state law, and city ordinances, and with DHA policies and procedures
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques to assess the performance of programmatic areas; prepare recommendations for legislative, policy, and procedural changes
- Assist in reviewing non-programmatic administration and supportive areas for compliance with applicable federal regulations, state statutes, local ordinances, and DHA policies and procedures, as well as grant and contractual obligations
- Assist in certification of DHA compliance for the annual Section 3, SEMAP, and/or PHAS reports to HUD
- Assist with designing and executing special studies to detect fraud, waste, and abuse
- Plan, organize, and direct team study work; negotiate effectively with management to implement changes
- Monitor data such as Enterprise Income Verification; research and analyze technical transactions, resolve discrepancies and validate data
- Prepare reports as directed, including recommendations of significance to top management of the agency
- Provide technical assistance and training as necessary to property and/or program staff, to enhance overall program performance
- Submit monthly activity reports and any reports at other intervals as requested
- Respond to requests for information, including providing technical assistance and recommending solutions
- Track all scheduled inspections for preparedness and audit response deadlines
- Work with onsite property staff and Director of Operations to address compliance performance concerns promptly
- Ensure all properties are audit ready at all times
- Serve as liaison between DHA Disability Rights Coordinator, Director(s) of Housing Operations, Director(s) of Housing Choice Voucher program and/or property management staff to ensure approved reasonable accommodation requests are being accomplished timely
- Serves as liaison between the property, participants, Director(s) of Operations, Director(s) of Housing Voucher program and/or Director of Compliance and Training to communicate the needs of participants, and to communicate the requirements of DHA programs to participants
- Communicates participant concerns to respective staff and makes recommendations for actionable items in an attempt to negotiate mutually beneficial outcome
- Support the relationship between DHA and the constituent population by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with clients, visitors, and DHA staff
- Enthusiastically promote the President/CEO s vision, mission, core values, and priorities Perform
- other duties as assigned or required
Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring DHA s property compliance with Section 42 of the IRC, Section 8 guidelines, and other affordable programs on 11 LIHTC properties
- Responsible for monitoring changes in regulatory/reporting provisions of government agencies (e. 10 TAC, TDHCA, and HUD) and disseminating information to property management personnel both on-site and in Services HQ
- Responsible for ensuring current compliance for 11 properties, including, but not limited to, maintaining master regulatory binders, client file setup, current forms library, updating Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans, and ensuring that all Supportive Service requirements are being met within the TDHCA agreed upon frequency of service
- Responsible for coordinating the timely submission of TDHCA s Annual Owners Compliance Report, including Part A, B, C, and D
- Responsible for providing reports on request for auditors of private investors, state and federal agencies
- Responsible for auditing client files, in conjunction with the Property and Regional Managers, in advance of all TDHCA reviews
- Responsible for overseeing file corrections and mitigating findings, including coordinating with TDHCA Compliance Monitors and uploading documents to CMTS when needed
- Communicate all responses from local, state and federal agencies to responsible parties
- Partner and coordinate with Operations team through the initial and closing process of local, state and/or federal agencies findings or violations (inspection, file monitoring, etc)
- Responsible for secondary review and approval of all move-in and re-certification files.; this includes verifying accuracy and compliance with gross rent, utility allowances, income limits, and all other regulatory requirements, partnership agreements, and public program requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the tenant selection plan and criteria comply with all regulations governing such projects, as well as DHA s own policies and procedures
- Responsible for compliance with DHA policies and procedures, including but not limited to DHA s Limited English Proficiency Plan, VAWA Procedure, and Reasonable Accommodation Procedure
- Attends industry (TDHCA, HUD, et. al.) meetings and other meetings as required and appropriate, to monitor compliance issues and changes relevant to DHA and the LIHTC industry
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of DHA s mission, functions, and organizat
- Knowledge of applicable federal statutes and regulations, state law, and city ordinances, including
- HUD and TDHCA s Low Income Housing Tax Credit regulations
- Working knowledge of enterprise risk management principles, work flow analysis, and standard for internal control
- Working knowledge of the principles of record keeping and records management
- Skill in business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications
- Skill in research, reviewing principles, and applying standards
- Skill in reviewing and analyzing administrative, operational, financial, and accounting information systems
- Skill in reviewing and performing mathematical calculations
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written
- Ability to plan and prioritize work, operate under pressure of deadlines, and maintain cooperative working relationships with other professionals
- Ability to identify and resolve extremely complex issues where the nature and scope may be largely undefined
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to exercise tact and diplomacy, and maintain confidentiality with dealing with internal and external constituents
Must be able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
Bachelor s degree in accounting, business, or a related field; AND at least ten years of housing, operations analysis, business, or accounting work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ten Years of LIHTC compliance experience, including experience with TDHCA CMTS. Experience with property management software (preferably YARDI).
Certification for TCS, COS, or related equivalent.
Must obtain HCCP and/or CPO, COS Certification within six (6) months after employment. Valid State of Texas Driver s License.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
Explanation of Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in job opportunities with the Dallas Housing Authority. All applications for open posted positions must be submitted via on-line at . No on-line applications will be accepted after the noted closing date on the announcement. We encourage you to visit our website often to view and apply for vacant positions with the agency.
DHA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all employees and applicants are treated equally without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.