This is a job posting from company – The Little Nell
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Colorado, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Say “apres-ski” and most people picture something strikingly similar to Ajax Tavern – glamorous yet easy. Its sun-drenched, mountainside patio can be seen from halfway up the mountain – a simple target for lunch or cocktails. Arrive, and let the people-watching begin, there’s no better seat in town. Located right next to the Silver Queen Gondola, Ajax Tavern is the hub for Aspen casual fine dining in an unbeatable atmosphere. The Tavern comes to life at lunch, and the party rolls on well into the night. If you go no further on the menu, try the truffle fries and Ajax double cheeseburger – they earned their reputation.
The Host seat guests, answer phones, assist in guest requests, and generally assist service staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Seat guests maintaining station rotation and balance in room
- Answer phones according to proper procedure and etiquette. Assist guest needs without transferring guest calls to other areas
- Handles reservation requests, complete reservations properly in book, recommend alternate seating times when busy, describe facilities and cuisine
- Check room prior to opening and before and after meal periods
- Make side list duties, station charts for service staff
- Report guest comments to manager and list in log book
- Complete maintenance requests as needed. Make cleanliness and maintenance inspections as directed
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety regulations and procedures
- Adhere to hotel standards, policies and procedures
- Thank all guests at their departure
- Make copies files and completes paperwork as needed
- Maintains neat and orderly station
- Checks menus after each use for cleanliness
Additional Job Duties
- Make Manager aware of guest comments and complaints
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
- Report to shift on time
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Six months related experience required
- Good organization and ability to work well with people and a friendly attitude
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Restaurant Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
- Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety