This is a job posting from company – Smiths Group
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Florida, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Health Safety Environment (HSE) Leader
Location: North America, USA, Tampa
Division: Smiths Interconnect
Job Function: EHSSecurity
This position is responsible for leading the Health Safety Environment (HSE) activities and performance at the Tampa Site. The HSE Leader assures the integration of HSE requirements and alignment with the Site’s needs and serves as the Site’s HSE technical expert. Performs safety tasks that promote a clean and safe working environment for the buildings on site. In addition, oversees making sure that employees follow health and safety regulations. This may include using safety research to create policies that eliminate workplace hazards, documenting accidents in the workplace and investigating the circumstances of an illness or injury.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to ensure HSE programs are compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Implement safety policies and procedures; Identify training needs for employees, plan and conduct training; coach and
train employees on safety processes. * Complete HSE reviews with site leader to review problems/risk areas/concerns which may affect the wellbeing of site’s employees and overall environmental and health and safety.
- Support business continuity by helping to conduct and evaluate emergency management exercises and drills that test the protocols and procedures, resolving the efficiency and functionality of such plans
- Accountable for the site’s HSE performance score card, HSE Maturity, OSHA RIR scores and publishing to management on a periodic basis
- Responsible for keeping management and employees informed on HSE information and performance data
- Manage adherence and continuous improvement of processes in accordance with ISO14001.
- Coordinate the HSE activities across the site and develop and implement best practices.
- Support waste reduction efforts with the goal of zero landfill waste.
- Provide plant level support and serve as key contact to SII and external resources as needed for audits, benchmarking, and reporting.
- Partner with key plant resources to facilitate HSE systems, procedures, initiatives, compliance.
- Input Site monthly reporting on Smith Groups PRISM HSE website.
- Identify opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Interface with customers, vendors, and various company departments to resolve HSE issues.
- Drive activities to meet energy usage reduction targets.
- Keep up to date with current and pending HSE legislation and ensure that internal stakeholders are informed and made aware of the impact(s).
- Evaluate hazards in an industrial setting and perform risk assessments/job hazard analyses (JHAs).
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop systems and processes: implement effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work for those individuals with little or no knowledge and/or demonstrated use of systems and process development skills.
- Ability to think strategically: recognize long-term opportunities for success and accompanying risks; consider a broad range of factors and alternatives and their implications for stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze issues: gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seek input from others.
- Knowledge of Execution Management: assign responsibilities; delegate to and empower others; remove obstacles; allow for and contribute needed resources; coordinate work efforts when necessary; monitor progress.
- Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems: support the deployment and implementation of internal policies and procedures, the achievement of environmental objectives (site, business unit and corporate), and the minimization of our environmental impacts.
- Knowledge of Global Harmonization, SDS (Safety Data Sheets), chemical labeling requirements, spill reporting, control methods, spill prevention, and chemical exposure.
- Knowledge of Incident Investigation Procedures: reporting of an occupational injury/illness, near miss, or property damage incident, incident investigations, root cause analysis, 5Why analysis and effective corrective action development.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team building skills at all levels of the organization required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership ability and obtain results through others.
- Ability to perform problem analysis and resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in health, safety, environmental, engineering, or related field.
Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience within a plant or manufacturing environment is required. Experience with electronic products preferred.
Security: U.S. Person required (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident). May be required to obtain a clearance.
Travel: Up to 10%; predominantly in the continental U.S.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that ensure high speed, secure connectivity of critical applications in the defence, aerospace, communications and industrial markets. Our microwave technology is used in radar, communication and surveillance systems that are mission-critical and operate in extreme environments in aerospace and defence. Our microwave components and connectors ensure optimal performance, durability and safety of space satellites. Our semi-conductor test products are used to test highly sophisticated semi-conductors and electronic circuits in communication systems, gaming products and computing devices. Our in-flight antenna systems give passengers internet connectivity gate-to-gate on planes around the world. Our connector and cable solutions ensure reliability of critical medical equipment, and safe operation of trains and transport systems.One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people. We have a global presence selling our products in over 50 countries with manufacturing facilities in nine countries and offices across North America, Europe and Asia.