This is a job posting from company – JBC
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Georgia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
, Posted September 12, 2022
Job Title: Freelance Assistant PD Manager
Duration: A few months
Hours: Full Time
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
The Assistant PD Manager will collaborate with cross-functional team members to help develop new products with a focus on increased innovation and idea generation that is in line with brand positioning and strategy. The ideal person will have demonstrated product development interest in conducting market/trend research for product ideation, collaborating with marketing teams on launching new products, communicating with international suppliers, and developing products from concept to completion.
Essential Job Duties:
- Conduct the product ideation and conceptualization process for new launches (market research, competitive analysis, innovation research, mood boards, etc.)
- Prepare product briefs for supplier briefings complete with business objectives, benchmarks, target costs, deadlines and launch timelines.
- Cultivate strategic creative relationships with existing and new suppliers.
- Partner with marketing on claim development substantiation.
- Collaborate with Quality team on product testing
- Monitor and research product trends and development from competitors
- Coordinate and assist with the development of packaging, artwork and copy for new product and existing product updates.
- Coordinate production of new launch items with inventory planning team.
- Work with cross-functional team members and suppliers on the creation of molds and new tooling for NPD projects
- Oversee sample receipt log that tracks new/updated accessory submissions from new and existing suppliers to stay up to date with the latest trends
- Oversee the review, distribution, documentation of feedback, approval & storage of supplier samples.
- Manage the relationship between the internal team and suppliers
- Collaborate with key cross-functional team members to maintain a timeline and product launch schedule
- Ensure cost of goods targets are met for all products being developed
- Develop and maintain product launch calendar and communicate timelines and product specifications to relevant internal teams, such as marketing and operations.
- Monitoring the status of in-development products and coordinating solutions to development issues.
- Requires Product Development interest and/or knowledge preferably but not required in the beauty industry related to hair care, skin care, hair tools and supplements.
- Entrepreneurial & creative spirit with sense of urgency
- Strong communication skills, verbal and writing.
- Innovative: You seek out how to build new trends and find new opportunities.
- Strong communicator and collaborator: You work and communicate effectively with all member team members and external vendors.
- Strategic, adaptive, results-driven: You can efficiently anticipate, identify and articulate problems in real-time and provide thoughtful solutions.
- Ability to work from home, with high speed internet service, ability to navigate different platforms
- Travel as needed