This is a job posting from company – First Federal Bank of Kansas City
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
First Federal Bank exists to help people build a better financial future, and for almost a century, our team has focused on home ownership and prosperity for all. When you join the First Federal family, you’ll be supported by a diverse, talented, energetic group of individuals who strive to help you and our customers achieve financial wellness. When our employees feel valued, our customers feel valued, and our community grows. We are Better. Together.
Listen to what our employees had to say about working with First Federal Bank of Kansas City!
The Float Customer Service Representative represents across all markets the Bank in a manner that enhances the bank’s image through delivery of exceptional customer service, contributing to its growth; maintains and expands customer relationships by proactively meeting with customers to discover their financial needs and providing product recommendations in person and on the telephone. Responsible for successful delivery of a range of banking products and services, including opening accounts, account maintenance and handling teller transactions.
*Float Customer Service Representatives are eligible for mileage reimbursement in addition to their full-time regular earnings and excellent comprehensive benefits package!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Complies with all applicable banking laws, bank policies and federal regulations.
- Represents the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands customer relationships and enhances the bank’s image by contributing to its growth.
- Demonstrates the ability in acquiring and retaining customer relationships through the delivery of effective, courteous and timely customer service, problem resolution and communications. Works with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs; recommending the best products and services and opening applicable accounts.
- Actively participates in the sales and business development of the Banking Center as set forth by the Regional Manager, Banking Center Manager and/or Assistant Banking Center Manager to achieve established financial goals and objectives.
- Develops a strong individual customer pipeline to ensure qualified referrals lead to closed referrals.
- Process all types of teller transactions accurately and according to policy and procedure.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits and loan payments, verifies amount, examines checks for endorsements, places appropriate check holds and ensures the validity of each item.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals. Pays out cash after verification of identity and customer balances.
- Processes various transactions including Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks and general ledger accounts.
- Maintains security of teller cash in accordance with established guidelines.
- Responsible for daily balancing of teller cash within the established teller difference policy.
- Assists in opening and closing banking center procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information.
- Demonstrates commitment to promoting and advancing bank’s Mission and Vision and demonstrates its Values. Acts as a steward of the bank’s resources and reputation, presents a professional image and represents the bank well both internally and externally.
- Routinely travels to all banking centers within all regions to provide assistance and/or training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must possess strong customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Knowledge of deposit and credit banking products.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information.
- Must quickly evaluate and solve problems, utilizing tact and diplomacy when interacting with customers, employees and the public.
- Able to represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands customer relationships, contributes to the banks growth and enhances its image.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Preferred minimum of one year of sales experience or one year of experience in a financial institution having performed as a teller and/or personal/universal banker; new account experience preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and constructive manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Operates 10 key by touch with appropriate speed; basic typing/keyboard skills by touch.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience/familiarity with various bank-related systems.
While performing the job duties, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and stand for extended periods. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus, consistent with extensive use of a computer/PC. Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Ability to travel to various worksite locations will be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
First Federal Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected category.
A note to applicants: First Federal Bank of Kansas City is closely monitoring the spread of the coronavirus to protect our employees and our organization as a whole. We are hiring, but many of our internal and external job interviews are taking place through video and/or phone alternatives. If contacted for an interview, we will be happy to share more with you about the steps we are taking to limit the spread of the virus.