This is a job posting from company – Babcock & Wilcox
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
B&W is looking to hire Mechanical, Chemical, and Civil Engineering graduates to join our team of talented Field Service Engineers, who provide best in the industry expertise and support on a broad range of B&W utility, industrial, and environmental products to our customers.
A Field Service Engineer will assist more experienced engineers in performing pre-commissioning testing on boilers and environmental equipment and in the development of start-up schedules and procedures to ensure facilities meet pre-commissioning requirements. This position requires extensive travel (90%) including driving on client/customer property.
Additional duties of the Field Service engineers include:
- Collecting and evaluating field data.
- Working with customers, account executives, vendors and sublet vendors with assistance and guidance from District Engineer or senior engineer.
- Preparing technical reports including service and special reports.
- Working as part of commissioning teams on project startups
- Performing site activities including: boiler inspections, condition assessments and boiler operation evaluations
- Providing construction technical support and outage management
Field Service is a fast paced job providing great job variety. Entry engineers will work closely with senior engineers and the District Engineer. Service work provides a challenging and rewarding job and steep learning curve in which the engineer develops practical knowledge of power plants and all aspects of B&W products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or similar Engineering technology or related field, or equivalent years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability and desire to travel