This is a job posting from company – Old South Carriage Co
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Old South Carriage Company is looking for talented individuals to join our Farm and Barn Crew. As an Old South team member, you will showcase Charleston’s hospitality by combining your confidence and care for our equine staff members!
We are Charleston’s premier touring company and our outstanding employees work together to manage three barns, a herd of 35 draft horses, and deliver the best equine experience in town. This position will work half the time out on our 65 acre farm on Johns Island and the other half downtown in our stables. Schedules are posted 1-2 weeks out, and each day has an AM or PM shift, staff will be assigned 5 shifts per week for full time work.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Old South Carriage Team
Responsibilities for Farm and Barn Crew
- Maintain and manage three barns ( 65 acre farm on Johns Island (2) barns in Downtown Charleston)
- Groom horses and clean stalls
- Tack and hitch draft horses to carriages
- Ensure the health of our heard and manage the daily operations of the horses
- Administer meds and light health care for the working herd
- Facilities care and small projects
- (If qualified and trained) Transport horses between Johns Island and Downtown
About Old South Carriage Company
Old South Carriage Company is a family owned business that was established in 1983 with 3 horses and one small carriage. Today, with 30 horses and a fleet of carriages, Old South Carriage offers what you would expect from a large touring company without sacrificing the personal commitment unique to a family owned business. We are a premier tour operator with a focus on serving our Charleston visitors with unsurpassed hospitality, and providing excellent equine care to our horses. We believe that providing the best experience starts with hiring the best team members! Requirements
Job requirements will vary based on role (Barn Crew Member vs Farm Staff vs Trailering)
- Must be a team-oriented, but also able to take initiative individually
- Be comfortable around horses (draft horses)
- Open availability weekly (7 days a week, 6am-10pm)
- We are known for our southern hospitality, so maintaining a polite and professional attitude at all times is a must.
- Valid drivers license
- Open availability for work schedule
- Pre-employment Drug Screen
- Flexible scheduling around a 40-hour work week
- Opportunities for continuing education
- Professional growth and advancement opportunities
- Farm and Barn Crew pay ranges from $18hr- 22hr depending on position and experience