This is a job posting from company – Texans Care for Children
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The External Relations Associate position is a unique opportunity for an organized and detail-oriented applicant to join our team and work on a variety of events across our development, communications, and policy departments. The ideal candidate is a talented multi-tasker and self-directed learner with strong project management skills who is interested in putting their skills to work to support our mission to improve the well-being of Texas children and families. The External Relations Associate will be an important member of the operations team at Texans Care for Children and will report to the Deputy Director.
The position is based in Austin, TX (hybrid environment) and will require occasional overnight travel.
Texans Care for Children is a statewide, non-profit, non-partisan, multi-issue children’s advocacy organization based in Austin. We develop policy solutions, produce research, and engage Texas community leaders to educate policymakers, the media, and the public about what works to improve the well-being of Texas children and families.
Texans Care for Children is an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek to build an organization that reflects the diversity of the population we serve.
- Responsible for coordinating Texans Care for Children events with the development, communications, and policy teams to develop timelines, agendas, confirm speakers, organize and monitor event registration, manage volunteers, prepare signage and collateral materials, coordinate A/V, and monitor budgets and expenditures to ensure in-person and technology-supported events are well planned and run smoothly;
- Supports the Hogg Mental Health Policy Academy by coordinating logistics related to monthly meetings, site visits and tours, trainings, and other special events;
- Partners with policy team to coordinate stakeholder meetings and stakeholder calls, including scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, taking notes, setting up A/V, and preparing materials;
- Coordinates legislative office visits along with the policy team;
- Provides support to policy team members to schedule and coordinate speaking engagement requests and conferences;
- Schedules and coordinates Board of Directors quarterly meetings and committee calls;
- Collaborates with Deputy Director to schedule cross-departmental meetings, team-building activities, and professional development opportunities;
- Maintains an organizational calendar of events to ensure cross-departmental coordination;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors and venues;
- Ensures Texans Care facilities are set up for in-person and virtual events including furniture set-up, technology, and supplies; and
- Tracks direct lobbying expenses related to events and ensures timely reporting.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in event planning, project management or other relevant nonprofit experience.
- Experience in project management with a track record of leading successful events.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects across teams with initiative.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience building event budgets and tracking expenditures.
- Commitment to the mission of Texans Care for Children and passion for improving the well-being of Texas children.
Salary is $55,000 – $60,000 depending on experience. Texans Care for Children offers excellent benefits to full-time employees, including:
- Employer-paid health, dental and vision insurance,
- Employer retirement matching contributions, and
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal time leave.