This is a job posting from company – CLT Recruiters
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Currently looking for an Estimator for a high end residential construction company in Manhattan. Interested candidates should have a minimum of 4 years estimating experience in high end residential projects in NYC, custom homes, commercial and/or high end retail interiors.
Responsibilities of the Estimator
- Review project plans and specifications and coordinates with the team to confirm complete scope.
- Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information & pricing
- Prepares instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information as required.
- Performs and/or manages the quantity survey and pricing effort for internal budgets.
- Prepares conceptual budgets, sometimes based on minimal information.
- Reviews general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits as prepared by Operations.
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Review and/or manages the review and scoping of specialty contractor bids.
- Review constructibility issues with operational staff.
- Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economical alternative
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Requirements of the Estimator – High End Residential
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Administration, or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 4 year estimating experience.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills.
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to professionally communicate the basis for individual work product when in a highly stressed environment
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.