This is a job posting from company – Steris
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Georgia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Our Healthcare Customers are federally mandated (by Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services or CMS) requiring vendors to have the COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption. There are select Customers who do not accept any exceptions. Unvaccinated Associates may be excluded from working at a Customer site, require routine testing with an approved exemption (if accepted by the Customer) or have limited Customer access impacting their ability to remain employed. Additionally, we may be required to meet state mandates on COVID-19 vaccination, exemptions and/or booster requirements. This position is a Customer-facing role that falls under a state or CMS mandate.
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do you enjoy a flexible schedule and working independently? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by solving complex problems and providing an exceptional customer experience? If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as an Equipment Service Technician.
The Equipment Service Technician is a Trusted Advisor to STERIS Customers in maintenance and procurement of medical devices and consumable products as part of a high performing team. In this role, our ES Techs perform effective on-site preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modification and installation support on complex mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic units primarily in a hospital environment under a highly regulated, time-sensitive environment. Working with cross-functional teams (Tech Support, Engineering, Service Contract Management), the ES Tech escalates issues appropriately and utilizes advanced technology platforms to complete compliance-regulatory requirements, resolve and document troubleshooting issues and improve the overall Customer experience. In addition, the technician will provide Customers with information, pricing and options, utilizing clear, proactive communications during all service phases to optimize Customer operations and provide a One of A Kind experience.
This position may be elevated to an Equipment Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by STERIS.
Customer Focus & Retention – 30%
Technical Professional, Compliance-Regulatory and Continuous Improvement – 60%
Customer Growth – 10%
- Drives Customer satisfaction as a first point of contact through pro-active, professional communication and commitment to resolving Customer’s issues/problems expediently.
- Utilize Customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures. Fulfill vendor credentialing in accounts as needed.
- Manages STERIS assets utilizing electronic inventory management platform to maintain inventory, tools, personal protective equipment, vehicle, etc. to prescribed levels.
- Perform fundamental troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of STERIS and competitive equipment, systems and components.
- Manages time effectively by prioritizing Customer and business needs and schedules autonomously to complete PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, equipment installations, field upgrade programs and other duties.
- Perform daily administrative duties using multiple application platforms and technology equipment (laptop, smartphone, related software). This includes, but is not limited to scheduling, effective communication, managing parts trunk stock, daily completion of service reports and activities while on site; Learning new technologies and software applications as they become available to improve productivity.
- With management support, build relationships with Sales to drive Customer experience and revenue opportunities. Learn to identify sales opportunities in assigned territory, and builds competency to be a trusted advisor, communicate leads to management and sales staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of 4 years of work experience, including 2 years mechanical/technical directly related experience (e.g. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, automotive).
- Customer and team engagement experience.
- Basic computer skills (MS windows/email, navigation, mobile app, data input into multi systems).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability meet all required background and physical assessment elements to obtain & maintain existing and new vendor credentialing requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes outside “normal business hours” and including overnight travel (amount may vary based on district geography).
- Ability to establish effective home office (High Speed internet, conducive working space, secure company owned equipment and info).
*Associates degree or related certifications in technical/mechanical area, competitive equipment training or related military experience may be considered towards technical experience requirement.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Req ID: 33440
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
Macon, GA, US, 31203