This is a job posting from company – CSX
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Florida, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Job Description: Job Summary
Operate and maintain bridges to ensure the safe passage of water traffic and trains. Employees must be able to meet and comply with the manufacturer’s weight limitation safety rating and recommendations for any equipment associated with performing their duties, including the 300 lb. safety rating for ladders (both portable and affixed) and fall arrest equipment.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Observe and receive signals from approaching vessels
- Communicate with train dispatchers and vessel operators using two-way radio and telephone
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic equipment to open and close bridges
- Record time, direction, and name of vessels passing through opening
- Document and record preventive maintenance histories
- Inspect drawbridge, track, passing railcars and auxiliary equipment for defects and debris
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on bridge operating parts and equipment and prepare summaries on repairs
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
First Year – $27.21/hour
Second Year – $28.72/hour
Third Year – $30.23/hour
You will attend two weeks of training at the Railroad Education & Development Institute in Atlanta, GA. CSX will pay for travel, lodging and meals as required by collective bargaining agreement
- High School Diploma/GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- Construction experience with basic carpentry skills
- Mechanical experience repairing equipment
- Medium work, depending on location, lifting up to 50 pounds
- Stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/crawl/balance/climb on an occasional basis
- Demonstrate auditory and visual acuity/tracking/inspection
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications – both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic Math
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Wear protective equipment such as fall protection, hard hat, hearing protection, safety-toe boots and safety glasses
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work
- Complete annual training and pass safety and track worker rules examinations
- Work outside in all weather conditions at elevated heights and/or over water
- Must successfully pass probationary period
- Must pass all required assessments
- Must pass a background screening
- Must pass a post-offer medical examination, including a drug test
- This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement and membership is req.
- Required to maintain this position for 6 months before bidding
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products. For nearly 200 years, CSX has played a critical role in the nation’s economic expansion and industrial development. Its network connects every major metropolitan area in the eastern United States, where nearly two-thirds of the nation’s population resides. It also links more than 230 short-line railroads and more than 70 ocean, river and lake ports with major population centers and farming towns alike. More information about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at www.csx.com. Like us on and follow us on .
At CSX, two of our five Guiding Principles are Valuing and Developing Employees as well as Operating Safely. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click to view the EEO is Law poster. Click to view the OFCCP pay transparency provision information.
CSX Transportation and its subsidiaries are not seeking outside assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Any resumes submitted by an outside vendor to any employee at CSX via e-mail, Internet, or directly to hiring managers without a valid written search agreement in place with the Talent Acquisition / HR department will be deemed the sole property of CSX. No placement fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired as a result of the referral, or through other means.