This is a job posting from company – Sterling Engineering
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Missouri, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Title: Electrical Designer
Location: Kansas City
Duration and hire type: Contract to hire
Overview:?Sterling Engineering / Staffing is currently looking for a Electrical Designer located in the Kansas City, MO area. Sterling has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 100 clients and works primarily with Fortune 1000 corporations.
We are seeking a candidate local to the Kansas City, MO area to lead Water/Wastewater projects!
- Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes
- Design duct bank, embedded conduit, cable tray, grounding and lighting systems from concept to completion utilizing engineering documents, sketches or vendor data.
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to project lead team.
- Coordinates with project team by utilizing the Project Database: Request for Review Process, Holds List, ECN, Request for information from other disciplines, and all other applicable functions.
- Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
- Routes electrical cables in a 3D environment to generate a cable schedule.
- Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs
- Perform calculations to check allowable fill in conduits and cable tray systems according to NEC requirements and size pull boxes.
- Perform calculations to size pull boxes according to NEC requirements.
- At least 8 years’ experience in Design and/or Drafting disciplines with a background in electrical design
- Experience utilizing 3D programs such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks or SP3D and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
- Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
- Ability to work in a growing, adaptive and multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information