This is a job posting from company – Marek Brothers Systems
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Estimator-Project Manager will be responsible for learning the project delivery, partnering side-by-side to deliver projects on time, under budget and in line with the General Contractor. He or she will assist with successfully managing awarded projects and serving as a focal point for communication with field leaders and the customer.
- Invests time learning the industry and who the players are, including customers and competitors.
- Builds rapport quickly with new contacts and begins building credibility and a network of customer contacts.
- Participates in customer meetings may be alongside a more senior MAREK representative.
- Learns estimating tools, technology and approach as it related to estimating and pricing change orders.
- Estimates and provides pricing for work orders and change orders.
- Develops base foundation of product knowledge, market structure and conditions, and drawings and specifications as they related to estimating and pricing changes, etc.
- Partners with field leaders and customers to assist in planning pre-job, including identifying and resolving potential scope, schedule, sequence, contract, budget, safety, material staging or manpower.
- Proactively asks questions when he or she does not understand construction documents.
- Develops a fair and achievable budget for labor, material and equipment, and provides the budget in a timely manner.
- Submits RFIs, prices work order or change orders, and creates submittals.
- Solicits competitive proposals and buyout of materials, vendors and subcontractors.
- Engages in regularly scheduled production look-ahead meetings.
- Ensure timely billing and collections.
- Is regularly present on the job to support field team and effectively navigate safety, cost, and quality issues
- Captures, organizes and maintains project documentation to mediate potential risk of back charges.
- Provides feedback to project throughout the lifecycle of the project-to-project management team to improve future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field of study or high school diploma/GED with equivalent work experience.
- Progressive experience in commercial construction industry, preferably in Demountable Partitions, Interior Glazing, and/or Doors & Hardware.
- Field experience or exposure a plus.
- Experience or exposure in manufacturing of extruded aluminum components and/or glazing.
- DHI Industry Certifications
- Experience or exposure to sales, estimating, scheduling, and/or project management technology a plus. (Quick Bid, On-Screen Take-Off, Project Management and blueprint collaboration software such as Bluebeam, Plan Grid, etc.)
- Knowledge of construction practices and project management methods.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong numerical and reasoning skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Able to work a varied schedule to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing demands.
- Able to work overtime (scheduled and/or unscheduled, nights and/or weekends) as needed or required to meet established deadlines.
- Able to work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to perform work indoors in an office environment, regardless of whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Able to demonstrate the manual dexterity to operate a personal computer effectively.
- Able to communicate orally in a clear manner.
- Able to hear oral communication either in person or on equipment such as telephone or mobile phone.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop, for extended periods of time creating, composing and reviewing documents and spreadsheets.
- Able to operate office equipment, including telephone, mobile phone, photocopier, fax machine, scanner and calculator.
This position has no direct reports.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer*