This is a job posting from company – Whiting
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Provide engineering technical support to Drilling Engineering & Operations, Regulatory and the Business Unit. Maintain engineering/operations data in WellView and provide analysis to multiple groups to fulfill various reporting requirements. Plan future development wells with Compass in compliance with Chord SOP’s and the appropriate regulatory agencies. This position is located in downtown Houston, Texas and reports to the Drilling Manager. Level and salary commensurate with experience.
Essential Job Functions
WellVview Drilling Data Management with Engineering and Operations
- Ensure quality data by reviewing and correcting daily drilling reports
- Prepare and monitor various capital cost analysis versus AFE’s and budget
- Provide analysis of various performance trends: drilling KPI’s, benchmarking, downtime, post well reviews, vendor performance etc.
- Assist engineers in preparing AFE packages, procedures, and other technical analysis
- Ensure proper regulatory and planning documents are uploaded prior to spud
- Available to provide field support training and assist as needed in collaboration with IT
- Support various departmental request and reporting: Safety metrics tracking, Non-op reporting, accounting spend, etc.
Planning Future Development with Drilling Engineer, the Business Unit (BU) and Regulatory
- Manage planning and development of wells in Compass
- Review, modify and approve plats, surface use plans and BHL’s with the BU
- Communicate anti-collision concerns and non-typical designs that increase T&D
- Modify directional design as needed based on T&D, AC, lease lines, etc.
- Prepare Application for Drilling (APD) documents for regulatory submittal
- Review final surveys from directional company
- Gather data and prepare engineering exhibits for regulatory hearing
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and duties outside of their normal responsibilities as assigned by their supervisor.
- 2 year higher education
- 2 years of experience with morning reporting software and a survey management database
- Excellent communicator across field, office and departments with knowledge of drilling terminology
- Experience with querying databases and analyzing drilling data
- A basic understanding of well planning and drilling operations
- 5 years oil and gas industry experience as a Drilling Tech/Well Planner
- 5 years of experience with WellView and Compass for an oil & gas operator
- Bachelor’s degree or technical degree
- Spotfire reporting experience
- Drilling/completions field experience
Chord Energy does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.