This is a job posting from company – Leander Independent School District
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To translate and interpret a wide variety of written and spoken District-wide communications in English and Spanish and other languages (e.g., ASL, Braille, Foreign Languages) for the District Administrative Office staff and all campuses. Facilitates communication between District staff and Spanish-speaking students, parents, and community members as language mediator for a variety of situations.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide interpretation and translation of documents, publications, websites, videos and all media developed by district staff and campuses in Spanish and other languages as it pertains to in person or different formats and platforms including eSPED.
- Collaborate closely with district translator team
- Monitor and maintenance of pipeline system for requests in different stages from first initial
- request, type of assignment, outcome, meet deadline and final revision when fulfilled until closing the tickets through Eduphoria.
- Schedule of ASL interpreters for LISD employees and families throughout the district (i.e.: trainings, special education, graduation, parent teacher meetings, etc.).
- Assign translation and interpretation jobs to temporary hired interpreters or translators according to work load, language and urgency. Requests can be for overnight or for immediate services for which District Translator needs to be available at any time to coordinate.
- Coordinate interpretation and translation for the ARD meetings and documentation in the district for Special Education Department and ARD facilitators.
- Work cooperatively with all departments and schools to ensure their interpretation/translations needs are met in requested timeframe through different resources.
- Develop and maintain a library of documents translated and records of transactions per school and department.
- Translate all material requested for local, state and national requirements as needed and in a variety of topics.
- Assign translation and interpretation work to temporary hired Spanish translators and agencies according to work load, language, area of expertise and urgency.
- Develop and revise forms and other communications for Spanish-speaking parents and students.
- Collaborate with a variety of District administrators and staff to provide translation and interpretation services as needed.
- Interpret telephone communications as needed.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Provide interpretation and exact written translation of documents from English to Spanish for District assessments, benchmarks, and other related materials.
- Provide translation of the scope and sequence for the core areas on the web for parent access and to maintain current website.
- Translate materials for local, state and national requirements, as needed.
- Read and rewrite documents in accurate and specified formats as directed.
- Collaborate with supervisor and establish a plan of priority for completing all district assigned projects for translation.
- Provide interpretation and oral translation of English to Spanish/Spanish to English for district functions either requested by the superintendent or by program supervisor.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the work of temporary Translators.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- American Translators Association Certification preferred.
- Experience in professional translating.
- Knowledge of software for different type of jobs: Office, InDesign, eSPED, Illustrator, and web apps as needed; copyright laws to ensure appropriate management of documents.
- Ability to speak, write, interpret and translate Spanish/English fluently; interpret Spanish to English and English to Spanish with a high degree of precision of vocabulary and fluency. Translate various media including administrative documents, publications and videos to Spanish and speak and write academic and conversational Spanish with grammar, mechanics and correct use of the Spanish language in a variety of settings and texts including formal letters, creative writing, literature, science, mathematics, economics and technical language from different topics and scopes.
- Skill in proofreading lengthy material and meeting deadlines to complete projects.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with other employees or public. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to communicate with individuals utilizing a telephone, computer or other electronic device.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- May work prolonged or irregular hours.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.