This is a job posting from company – Seven Hills Foundation
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Rhode Island, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Are you looking to make a difference and promote healthy and happy lives? Do you have a passion for working with individuals with disabilities and significant life challenges helping them to achieve their fullest potential? If so, consider joining us at Seven Hills Rhode Island where our CORE VALUES include Respect & Kindness, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Service to Others.
Direct Support Professionals provide assistance to adults with varying disabilities living in one of our residential homes in the community. In this role you will offer each person the maximum level of independence while ensuring that they are living a safe, healthy, and fulfilled life. Community memberships through personal interests and beliefs are encouraged. This position supports continued development of skills and abilities while respecting and celebrating the individuals’ culture, talents, and contributions. The goal is to provide each individual with a comfortable, safe home, keeping them closely connected to family members, friends, and their community.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Health and Dental Insurance: With generous company contribution
- Generous Accrued Paid Vacation
- Vacation Cash-Out Option
- Paid Personal Days, Holidays and Sick Time
- Enhanced Retirement Plan: With generous Employer match
- Student Loan Assistance: Consolidation, counseling, & limited employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance: Reimbursed or prepaid college coursework
*Benefits are based on position and scheduled hours
Direct Support Professionals are responsible for providing day-to-day services to our program participants. This includes assisting and teaching individuals with personal care and activities of daily living, so individuals always look and feel their best. In this position, you may also provide assistance and teach individuals with household maintenance, laundry, meal preparation, shopping, and budgeting while continually promoting independence. Direct Support Professionals may provide transportation and accompany individuals on appointments, using personal and agency vehicles. Administering medications in accordance with residential guidelines is also required. This position works within a multidisciplinary team following all support plans, including behavior plans, and is responsible for accurate documentation.
Direct Support Professionals are provided a paid New Employee Orientation and receive training on CPR/First Aid, Safety Care, Defensive Driving, and Medication Administration. Comprehensive program-specific training at the work site is also provided.
You can also see an overview of the amazing work our organization does with this video:
The mission of Seven Hills Foundation is to promote and encourage the empowerment of people with significant challenges so that each may pursue their highest possible degree of personal well-being and independence.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License & Good Driving Record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Physical demands: sitting, pushing, pulling, carrying, grasping, speaking, listening, stooping, crouching, bending, standing, twisting, crawling, walking, and climbing. Requires a normal degree of flexibility; ability to walk, run or shuffle, kneel on one or two knees and then stand up; to utilize upper and lower body strength within weight restrictions; may be required to lift up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance.
- Commitment to assisting people with varying disabilities to participate fully in their community and in their own lives.
- Varied interests and personal connections in the local community.
- Ability to work as a creative, engaged, dedicated member of your team.