This is a job posting from company – Institute for Community Living
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
NOTE: All applicants must comply with ICL/NYC’s vaccination policy. Individuals selected for employment cannot begin working until they provide verification that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (with an FDA-authorized vaccine).
ICL operates residential programs for adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD). Nine facilities, located in Brooklyn, the Bronx and Manhattan provide varying levels and types of support. ICL residences are in buildings with 4 to 14 occupants and have 24/7 on site services. These programs promote the growth and independence of the individuals who live in the residence. Staff help to assess their strengths and provide services based on the skill level, needs and preferences of each individual and help individuals lead richer lives.
You would be Responsible for:
- Under supervision, provide supports and services which involve advocating for, encouraging, guiding and teaching individuals in expressing personal choice, ensuring community integration, assisting individuals with personal hygiene care, toileting, lifts and transfers, dining, dressing, and meal preparation.
- You would help individuals to participate in games and recreational programs; coach and encourage individuals to develop daily living skills; and provide a clean, safe, and comfortable environment.
- You would work with other staff to carry out and record care plans and, in accordance with special instructions, you may administer medication. These positions are physically demanding.
- You would need to be prepared to act to ensure the health and safety of individuals in emergency situations.
- In some of the residences, you must be able to stand, bend, stretch, and lift bedridden and/or incapacitated individuals.
To learn more about what direct support professionals do on the job every day, go to .
Education: High school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as a GED) or possess a Direct Support Professional (DSP) Certificate from an accredited public or private organization.