This is a job posting from company – Origami Rehabilitation
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Michigan, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Origami Rehabilitation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Origami provides comprehensive rehabilitation for children, adolescents, and adults with neurological, developmental, mental health, and orthopedic conditions through their residential and outpatient programs. With their compassionate and innovative services, Origami creates opportunities and transforms lives.
Tuesday, Wednesday and every other weekend 10:30p-7a
Under the direct supervision of the Residential Supervisor (RS), Direct Support Professional (DSP) will provide quality care to clients in the residential program. DSP will assist in the provision of direct care, support, and supervision of clients to the extent determined by standard procedures and individual treatment plans as well as the documentation of those activities. DSP will serve as a resource and advocate for clients. DSP will maintain facility cleanliness standards. Excellent customer service is provided to clients and other stakeholders at all times.
A successful DSP at Origami would demonstrate person-centered care through strong communication and initiation. DSPs model appropriate behavior conducive to a positive working, and therapeutic environment. Pay begins at $14.25 per hour. For more information on compensation, please speak with Origami’s Human Resources team. Premium Pay is offered during the hours of 10:30pm-6:30am.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner according to the daily schedule.
- Maintain working knowledge of client location, level of engagement and utilize proper intervention techniques to maximize participation.
- Maintain positive communication channels in accordance to procedures with the respective Clinical Nurse and/or therapist(s) via direct supervisor(s) any concern or relevant topic relating to the client’s care, treatment plan implementation, and/or strategies.
- Assist with food service in accordance to standards, licensing requirements and dietary needs as necessary and as designated.
- Complete accurate and timely daily documentation for each client as designated.
- Maintain appropriate professional relationships with clients, client family members, visitors, coworkers, supervisor, and external stakeholders.
- Provide transportation to and from community based activities and appointments as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment including active involvement in facility infection control.
- Assist and teach each client personal care skills, daily living skills and interpersonal skills in accordance with each individual treatment plan. Completion of shift report as designated. Verbal reports should include, but are not limited to: behavior issues, new employees/clients, occurrence reports/injuries, and schedule changes.
- 18 years of age
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient and timely, able to multitask
- Embraces and embodies Origami’s core values:
- Celebrate the Individual.
- Inspire Excellence.
- Serve with Integrity.
- Lead with Passion.
- High school diploma or GED preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- CNA certification
- Medication administration & wound care
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop kneel or crawl, and taste or smell. Accommodated alternatives are acceptable if they accomplish the necessary essential tasks. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Paid on the job training
- Free meals while working
- Join a diverse and caring team
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Health, dental, vision*
- Generous vacation time
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance*
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible scheduling available for students and others.
*full time employment
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Origami is an At-Will Employer. By submitting an application, you grant Origami Rehabilitation permission to contact the identified employers, references, and educational institutions to verify the information provided within this application. I further understand that any dishonest, false or incomplete answers or information on this application or subsequent interviews are grounds for immediate dismissal. Due to the nature of our work, should you be offered a conditional offer of employment a background check, fingerprinting, physical, drug screen, and Motor Vehicle Report check are required prior to start date.