This is a job posting from company – Kennedy Krieger Institute
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Maryland, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Direct Support Professional will be responsible for providing direct training and support for individuals in the areas of personal supports, community engagement, and job-related skills. This staff member will spend the majority of their day providing support in the community to foster independence to individuals with disabilities in the areas of employment, volunteer opportunities, life and leisure. This position will require travel in and around the greater Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area.
- Provide direct services to individuals at their place of employment/volunteer opportunities (paid/internship), in the community, and in-home supports in meeting personal goals.
- Provide transportation of participants, for specified programmatic activities, in and around the greater Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area.
- Participate in the development and implementation of behavior management and Individual Plans as designed; implement intervention, coaching, and support strategies in accordance with the plan, program, and needs of the individual.
- Assist with daily living skills (including but not limited to activities such as cleaning, cooking, hygiene, budgeting, and banking) and personal care (including eating, toileting and dressing) based on individual needs.
- Ensure that Maryland state-mandated documentation related to the provision of services to clients (including daily notes and any relevant behavioral data sheets) is completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Implement and develop natural supports and other accommodations to facilitate the assigned individuals’ success on the job and with community integration.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled team meetings and trainings.
- Ensure that assigned individuals comply with all safety regulations and procedures at their job/vocational training/volunteer sites.
- Collaborate with the client to research, develop, and implement weekly schedule.
- Complete administrative work and/or team assigned projects in a timely manner.
- Must possess, upon hire, documented First Aid Certification. This certification must be maintained and additional training will be coordinated by the department.
- Must obtain documented cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and MANDT certifications within the first 30 days of employment. These certifications must be maintained and will be coordinated by the department.
- Must obtain and pass all Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) required training within the first 90 days of employment. These trainings must be repeated to maintain appropriate credentials on a regular basis and will be coordinated by the department.
- Must have proficiency in collaborating with a variety of professional teams, including mental health, medical, related services, educational planning, and career planning teams.
- Must possess and maintain valid, unrestricted driver’s license and clean driving record under 5 points.
- Must have a clean, reliable vehicle and active auto insurance.
- High School diploma, certificate of completion, or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Human Services, or related field preferred.
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred
Kennedy Krieger Institute offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, free parking and child care subsidies! In addition, we offer rich professional development opportunities.