This is a job posting from company – Guggenheim Partners
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New York, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Guggenheim is seeking an exceptional Desktop Support Technician Team Lead to join its Technical Services Team in the New York Office; reporting to the User Services Manager in Chicago. This person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for responding to customer requests. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a group of desktop technicians and perform day-to-day desktop tasks. The expectation is that this individual will be technically proficient and will be able to mentor and coach other members of the team to improve their skills. This is a lead-by-example type of role where the candidate will perform desktop tasks while being a Team Lead. The successful candidate will have experience with supporting mobile devices and be comfortable interacting with computer users, both on the telephone and in face-to-face environments.
The Desktop Support Technician Team Lead role presents an opportunity to solve problems of moderate to high complexity without help as well as escalate very complex problems to more senior staff. The position is in New York, New York.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise the IT New York Desktop Team in a high-volume unit to achieve operational success
- Serve as an escalation point for issues and questions from team members
- Review metrics of local desktop team to see where we improvements can be made
- Resolve workplace conflicts, counsel employees on performance, and has direct involvement in staffing
- Manage projects that fall under Desktop Supports’ sphere of responsibility
- Provide technical support for users of desktop hardware and software; users can be in-office, remote offices and at home
- Troubleshoot application issues including viruses, hard disk diagnostics and file repair, data encryption, and SMS reporting
- Troubleshoot printers and copier interfaces
- Track and resolve incidents and requests in an incident management system
- Perform a variety of support activities including inventory and coordination with outside technology vendors
- Work overtime hours, weekend hours and on-call hours as required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certifications are a plus (e.g. A+, Cisco, Microsoft)
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Information Security best practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft windows technologies including Active directory, Group Policies, etc.
- Solid understanding of networking and telephony
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e., DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office automation products
- Experience working with computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Experience with software deployment technologies such as Altiris, SCCM or Intune
- Experience with Mobile phone support
- Experience supporting O365 / MS Office and a variety of Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Demonstrated ability to manage and build reports using Asset Management software and Excel
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with PowerShell Scripting
- Experience with Thin Client support
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Desktop technician team lead or Service Desk team lead
- Currently, this role is expected to be in the office at least 5 days per week with the potential to move to a hybrid schedule.
- Please note that Guggenheim requires all individuals who enter our workplace or perform work in-person to be fully vaccinated. Individuals who are unvaccinated may be eligible for an accommodation (which may entail remote work) and may reach out to our HR Accommodation office for inquiries about possible accommodations.
Guggenheim Partners is a diversified financial services firm that delivers value to its clients through two primary businesses: Guggenheim Investments, a premier global asset manager and investment advisor, and Guggenheim Securities, a leading investment banking and capital markets business. Guggenheim’s professionals are based in offices around the world, and our commitment is to deliver long-term results with excellence and integrity while advancing the strategic interests of our clients.
Guggenheim is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Learn more at GuggenheimPartners.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuggenheimPtnrs.