This is a job posting from company – Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for technology support for all Boys & Girls Clubs sites. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston has clubs in Harris, Galveston, Fort Bend, Waller and Wharton Counties. This position will provide technology hardware, software, and technical support to various locations in the greater Houston area. Escalated support is available through a third-party IT support vendor.
MAJOR JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Desktop Support Specialist, under the direction of the VP of Finance & Business Operations and with technical support from a third-party IT Support company, will provide technical support to the organization’s clubs, offices and staff members, that includes but not limited to:
- Complete detailed reports listing requests to technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Setting up the Organization’s computing devices and systems to meet specific business goals.
- Organize and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware
- Maintain a working log detailed all required system updates, as well as the date of completion
- Attend in-person meetings with clients to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware problems
- Resolve technical issues related to network interruptions
- Install and configure computer systems and applications within the company
- Provide first level support for networking, telephony, servers, and peripheral devices.
- Train and guide end user’s hardware and software usage.
- Resolve hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
- Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Update and maintain the computer inventory and equipment.
- Upholding and testing security, blocking unapproved access.
- Documenting all processes and procedures.
- Update user access in Active Directory.
- Maintain the Comcast Business Voice database, which consists of phone extension assignments.
- Maintain the Cell Phone database and manage deployment of phones, retrieval of phones, repair of phones.
- Maintain user licenses for Zoom, Adobe, and other organization-wide vendors.
- Industry-specific certification in relevant computer languages or software may be required
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software, in addition to other remote access desktop programs
- Deciding on the most suitable ways of providing technical assistance.
- Accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients
- Experience installing and configuring computer systems and applications for a large company
- Advising staff on appropriate procedures for directing their IT-related queries and recommendations.
- Receiving and documenting requests for support.
- Configuring new desktops, routers, switches, and similar devices.
- Performing routine inspections and upkeep of existing installations.
- Updating computer operating systems and other important software, as needed.
- Substantiating requests for hardware and software purchases and upgrades, if appropriate.
- Providing suggestions on appropriate training for staff.
- Associate’s degree in a computer-related discipline and 1-3 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position involving and technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services
- Experience as a desktop support technician or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft OS and MSOffice365 Suite (desired)
- Excellent knowledge of computing devices (PC, laptop and Mac) and peripherals (desired)
- Capabilities needed to deliver in-person and remote IT aid.
- Excellent installation, diagnostic, upgrade, and restoration abilities.
- Excellent vertical and lateral thinking.
- Superb time management skills.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Forbearing, flexible, and supportive
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Driver license.
- A+ Certification (desired)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure cabling (preferred)
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless networking (preferred)
- Working knowledge of servers (preferred)
- Working knowledge of telephony (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory (preferred)
- Working knowledge of messaging platform (preferred)
- Network+ Certification (preferred)
Internal: Maintain close contact with the Club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintains contact with management and support staff.
External: Maintain contact with community partners and corporate leaders, board and volunteers to seek financial support and provide information regarding club activities and needs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled