This is a job posting from company – Seagate
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Colorado, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
About our group:
Seagate’s Quality Data Analytics and Tools Team is seeking a Data Scientist/Engineering Intern for the Summer 2023. The intern will work closely with our team of Data Scientists and Engineers to help build ML models and create, enhance, improve, deploy, and maintain various workflows used to generate data for our modeling processes.
About the role – you will:
- Build predictive and prescriptive ML models using Manufacturing, Process, and Field data
- Design and build processes for deploying and monitoring spark ML jobs
- Design queries and workflows for assembling large data sets in Hive and Presto
- Facilitate in building scripts for automating general data engineering workflows
- Participate in code reviews and analysis
- Help develop and design general python packages
- Translate business needs into software requirements and execute on them
- Gain real world experience in software engineering, machine learning engineering, cloud computing, data engineering, and big data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively contribute to technical teams and make presentations to a variety of technical and business personnel
- Enjoys working with statistics or applied mathematics including machine learning concepts
- Previous internship experiences is a plus
Your experience includes:
- Current student pursuing a degree (MS/PhD preferred) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or other scientific disciplines and enrolled in Fall 2023 classes
- Experience with statistics or applied mathematics including machine learning concepts
- Understands basic software engineering practices like algorithmic runtime analysis, functional programming, concurrent programming, database design, scripting, and data structures
- Demonstrates skills in at least one of the following programming languages: Python, SQL, Scala, Bash, or another scripting language.
- Demonstrates skills in at least one of the following software frameworks and tools: Spark, Spark SQL, Presto, Hive, Spark MLlib, H20, or Apache Airflow
- Experience with ETL, EL, and ELT pipelines is a plus
Our Longmont product-design campus is nestled against the foothills with exceptional views of the Rocky Mountains. Here at work, you can grab breakfast and lunch in the on-site cafeteria or get an afternoon espresso, prepared by a professional barista. Our 1,500+ employees enjoy an active on-site experience from sporting activities (get in a few laps at lunch on our 1-mile walking path around campus, play ping-pong or volleyball, or stop in our 24- hour fitness center for a group or individual workout) to community service and many employee resource groups including Pride!, Women’s Leadership Network and a Young Professionals Network.
Colorado’s 2021 Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (SB 19-085) requires we inform you of the estimated base salary range for this position: $25.50-39.50. Actual range is based on fair market value of the role in the geography in which you live based on the requirements of the job and your skills. This posted salary range is a good faith and reasonable estimate, and Seagate reserves the right to adjust this range depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Seagate offers comprehensive benefits to its eligible employees; including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, annual variable pay bonus, 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, flexible and dependent care spending accounts, health care spending account, flexible time off/vacation, paid holidays and paid parental leave.
Location: Longmont, United States
Innovation thrives in a culture that embraces different voices, where employees are equal contributors and are empowered to express themselves authentically. Building this culture takes constant work and willingness to be transparent about progress. Read more in our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, .
– Learn more about our commitment to the U.S. military and veteran community by watching this .
– 4th year in a row as a Best Employer for LGBTQ+ Equality
– 3rd year in a row as a Best Company for Women in Technology
With more than four decades of storage innovation, Seagate empowers humanity to thrive in the data age and helps people and businesses navigate the ever-expanding data landscape.
We craft precision-engineered, cutting-edge solutions that help the world store and manage exponential data growth.
Seagate is powered by our talented, passionate, and diverse workforce of 40,000 employees across the globe who embody our core values: integrity, innovation, and inclusion. Striving towards excellence every single day, we show up with these values for our customers, business partners, shareholders, and communities alike.
Join us and get inspired to make a difference in the datasphere!
Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. , , & .
Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. We implement vaccine mandates where legally required or when the company determines that a mandate is necessary for the protection of workers.
United States – Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. Subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations, this requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
For information on how Seagate collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please review the applicant privacy statement.